Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 11, 2024, 05:02:50 AM

Author Topic: Long Day  (Read 6945 times)

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Long Day
« on: January 03, 2010, 08:22:15 PM »

Well this is long but hopefully funny and useful. Get tot the lake at 530 Didnt take my morning you know what so go to the gas station and back i go to the lake I get set up and dont get bit for 2 hrs so Dave saus there over at dunns gettin some saugeye so I go there. Thats when it gets fun my auger wont cut warm butter so i borrow daves and it wasnt any better si use some other holes and after 2 hrs one stinkin perch. So I am ready to go thought lets hole hop first hole i hit one in first hole then it went dead. So back to Long Island and there the rest of the day caught ten keeper gills and went home. Oh and by the way Dave had a long day if it could go wrong it did for Dave I wont say what happened if you want to know ask him and Dave I really felt bad for you when your belt broke because that happened to me before. thanks for viewing and see ya
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

JustNutts

Re: Long Day
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:54:42 PM »

I was hoping to meet up with you guys but time didnt allow, sounds like an interesting day though!

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:02:21 AM »

on a good note dave did finally outfish me after two years of trying, crv-1 13" carppie, dave-a limit of eyes.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

cramerk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 10:29:03 AM »

Fished indian on Sat. Fished long is. with no luck then moved south to a different spot and caught 5 in 3 hrs. buddy got 4 and a 13 inch perch. Had to of been 80 eyes on the ice in our area.  I was under the weather yesterday but buddy got his ticket in 2 hrs. Going to be hard to leave this area for erie with the eyes biting like they were. But my question is where are the larger eyes? most fish were 14 to 17 inches. nothing larger....

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »

They were running small. I saved the big ones for the tournament:)

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

let it freeze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 03:03:42 PM »

What was you catching the eyes with?

capt scott

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 04:18:24 PM »

hey Cramerk i never heard my phone ring, it must be broke! try and call me. please!

FISHONAJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 07:07:34 PM »

Had to of been 80 eyes on the ice in our area.

But my question is where are the larger eyes? most fish were 14 to 17 inches. nothing larger....

Just like in softwater times if the babykillers keep all the dinks, there's less that grow up to be bigger fish...But obviously there are a few big fish in IL, probably hidding out in less pressured areas!

AJ

cramerk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 07:32:56 PM »

Vibees were the best bait. Tried jiggin raps, pimples but the vibe got the bite. As far as babykillers, 15 inch fish is the minimum size for me. I did see a few others let go smaller fish too. Have fished indian many a times before from shore and never saw 16 inch fish be the norm there. But I know some of you only keep 20 inch fish but until I get that good I will stick with my 15 inch requirement.

FISHONAJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 07:37:15 PM »

Cramerk ~ i agree with you a 15 incher isn't a bad fish. I've heard/seen people keep 10 inchers and say they keep perch that size. That's what i was talking about. The only place i've seen worse dink killing was at the spillway below paint creek...

my 2 cents AJ
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar