Ice Fish Ohio Forum

its going around

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
First it was Brian78 and his Achilles tendon, now I'm sitting in the hospital with a torn sternum and can't breathe deep or move.  Just hoping a brace and meds will be enough, surgery would end my ice season.  I'm still holding out hope to be on the ice this Friday, brace, tape, and all.  Just going to be super tough drilling holes and loading/ unloading my shanty.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Sorry to hear.. Come on over to Nimmi fri and I will drill ya some holes. Keep your head up and good luck!

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 :-[ ::) :-[ ::)  If it wasn't for bad luck ,you'd have no luck at all .Sorry to hear about your pain , and wish you a speedy recovery .  :'(

keepinitreel

• View Profile
I might be at nimi as well. I'm sure there will be others that would be glad to help.  I forgot my auger one year and found no problems getting help.

g

• View Profile
I feel your pain Slabslayer. I am getting shoulder surgery in early Jan. Hopefully I will be able to get a fellow icer to drill holes for me so I can still get some fishing in. Good luck healing quickly without having surgery.

Icetester

• View Profile
Bulging disk and pinched sciatica. It's been 4 weeks today. Not sure when I'll be icing fish. Good luck with your issue.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good news is no surgery!!  Bad news is 10-14 days of rest and lifting nothing over 5 pounds. It is torn and will have to heal.  Guess I can't fish, all I catch are big ones!!!!!! ;D :P  All kidding aside, still planning on Nimi or Mogadore Friday morning. Looks like I'll be trying to bribe someone into drilling my holes!!  Thanks again for the kind words, now the Vicodin will do the rest.  I shouldn't feel anything by Friday morning!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:46:35 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey slab this isn't the time for injuries the temps are making ice...finally ... but if and when I can get out you come with me just bring your rods and what not and well throw it on my sled  and go .... ;D ;D   ok   8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sounds awesome!!  Thanks, I'm hoping to sneak out Friday.

Team Wilcraft!

gimme ice

• View Profile
SS don't overdo it. Two weeks of downtime is nothing compared to the possibility of losing the whole season.

Icetester

• View Profile
I agree with the post above. Now is not the time to screw it up even worse. It's looking like there will be  some good chances of ice the next two months, at least the outlook is better than the last two years. I am going nuts about now, I can probably get out there as well, but I'm holding off awhile yet, one bad move can put you down for the season, don't want to screw up for the new year. Good luck.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
As of New Years Eve, I hadnt heard of anyone on the ice for this 2nd round.  Yep, SS, take it easy for a few days and get well.  Let the ice thicken and you'll feel better about htting the ice in a week or so.

I'll probably hit Nimmy sometime in the next fews day, but will miss the early daylight bite.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar