Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bull Gills

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Fished a private pond today with pulpfish1. We didn't kill the fish today but we had some nice gills. 15 keepers and 3 were fish ohio's and another that was an 1/8" of an inch short. I will try to enter one in the online tourney later. Also will try to post some pics. The six biggest coverd the whole cookie sheet.  ;D  :D  ;D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:42:55 PM by TURKEY09 »
turkey09

luv2fish

• View Profile
That's a good deal, can't beat catching big bull bluegills. Hopefully it was in some deep water, deep enough that you had to put them on the reel. Nothing like catching big bluegills on ultralight gear.

ice phisher

• View Profile
TURKEY09......Way to go man!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any trip ya catch FISH OHIO anythings.......Is a great day on the ice......Fun to feel how hard those "bull gills" can pull on those ice rods.....
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Yes it was great catching these gills. Some we had to put the reel to use on and some we didn't. We had to move alot to find them. We caught fish out of every hole but then it would stop so we would move. We also caught some bass mixed in with them.
turkey09

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
nice catch  lots o fun when they r that size
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

turtleman520

• View Profile
Mmmmm,Yummy nice sandwich size  :) Hopefully I can catch some nice gills like those and slab crappie this weekend !

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I haven't caught gills like that threw the ice this season but sure would like to sometime.  They are probably one of my favorite eating fish.

Congrats!

Vexilar