Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 10, 2024, 04:03:09 AM

Author Topic: SKUNKED  (Read 4072 times)

JustNutts

SKUNKED
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:08:08 PM »

Was at Long Island at 7am-9am, Saw 2 saugeye one pushing 6lbs. Moved to Dunns pond until noon. NEVER HAD A BUMP, NIBBLE, HIT, SNAG NOTHIN!!

zruckman

• View Profile
Re: SKUNKED
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:54:04 PM »

ya i had that same problem on sunday!
If you jig it they will come!

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 03:01:45 PM »

I was at the lake sunday we as a group had a real good day,  a limit wed, four thurs , limit friday didnt fish sat, sunday I had four and a limit mon. I can tell you this for sure , the bit is very very short lived color and size is very important. I have a vexilar and I see the eyes follow the bait and seem to want the bait dead sticked or with very little movement. My best colors have been hot pink and yellow and orange. Seen alot of sad faces coming off the ice the same days we had fish. wanted to fish Tuesday but had a little accident  >:(. The bite might only last 20min to half hour at the most. Early was good Mon , Mon night buddies fish my same holes zero, the other days was 4-5pm. Good luck

zruckman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 07:32:29 PM »

i dont know i alsp have a vex and didnt mark a damn thing i have never been fishing in my life where i didnt atleast mark a single fish . I know as a fisherman that you will have those days  but i know now that i will never drive two hours to fish there again!
If you jig it they will come!

let it freeze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »

Skunked today got to Il at 8:30am stayed til noon.not 1 bite.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »

I got my limit mon from around 6:30 am - 7:30 am, if you get there @ 8 your late and if you leave b4 5pm you left too early. This is a typical year for the bite, once the creeks and rivers freeze hard and the incoming water slows, so does the bite, when it warms a bit for a couple of days and we get new water moving under the ice ,look out the bite should really take off.When I got my limit mon. I walked around afterwards talked to several guys I only saw 1 other fish, could've been the vex, the bait or maybe just the right spot, i fished righ on the break 5fow in 1 hole and 8 in the other.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar