Ice Fish Ohio Forum

night fishing the docks 3-1-2011

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
couldn't sleep last night so I took a floating light to the docks and fished a couple of hours.  Caught around twenty crappies only 7 were keepers.  All were caught on a 3/4" Rapala jigging rap style bait in glow over 14' of water.  Bite was sporadic no wave just on here then wait.  Don't have my Vexilar so I don't know what was down there and never tried other baits.  Didn't need tipping with spikes and hits were more dead weight than the tap I've been getting during daylight hours. 
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I would like to come back down again soon. I had fun fishing of those docks. Hopefully someone will be able to catch your vex and return it for you and it will still somehow work.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

lowellhturner

• View Profile
 There has been some "free lance" cover sunk under a few spots under the docks, but as far as am aware NOTHING like the 18 "C" trees that used to be at the ends and inside corners and UNDER the far end of the old fuel pier; those were the days!!! 30 keepers a night, plus walleyes and cats and bass, and BIG bluegills; yup, it was an on going non stop SLAUGHTER !! Really miss that..but if we do that spot the "powers that be" said they will SHUT US DOWN IMMEDIATELY...the last load we may have arrange a major "accident " there in the wee hrs 1 morning...

lowellhturner

• View Profile
 Forgive the double dip, got carried away scheming; pray tell has anyone heard rumors or seen any photographic evidence to support a claim some one made of a 26"+ walleye caught in the Marina vacinty or of a supposed 18" and a 16+" pair of crappies removed from CJ sometime in the last few days? Any "eye" witnesses? Any details? Come clean, confession is GOOD for my soul, spill yer guts (figureitively)...

Vexilar