Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wind is hurting us!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Seems like the same thing across the board from what I saw on the lake this morning combined with everyone else's reports.  This wind is preventing new ice formation as well as eroding existing ice.  Its slowing the formation down.  Looks like it'll be Thursday at the earliest now before Mogadore's ready.  With the overnight temps, I'm still confident we'll be on the ice by the weekend at the latest.  No snow in the forecast is a good thing, ice can form clear and hard the next 3 days!! 

If its safe, I'll be at Mogadore around 8-8:30 on Thursday for some panfish action!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Minnowhead

• View Profile
It's like watching a pot of water to start boiling huh?  ;D

In the meantime...lets get the wednesday night chat room going this week!!
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sounds good to me.  Last week at 7:10 I was alone in there! :)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I would have been on last week, but I was on the road instead.  I should be on this week once I get home from work, though.

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I hope the wind doesn't hurt us too bad, I'm really hoping to get out and catch a few more crappie like this one.  The lake won't be open unless the rangers find, I think, at least 6" of ice.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's a great fish, when did you get it?

Team Wilcraft!

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Joel, I got that this past spring while bass fishing.  It came on a #7 rapala subwalk.  I also caught a 9" crappie right after I caught that one.  You have actually already seen this pic too, on the ohiobasspro forum.  I had never really considered ice fishing that lake until I caught those crappie and saw a few others caught by other anglers.  There are also stocked trout in the lake, so those might be kinda fun too.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll bet that lake will be dynamite thru the ice. Keep us posted on the results!

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
im going to say also this feels like last year the wind kept the ice from building good. then a bunch of snow, which I hope we don't get ...when I drove by springfield ,,on 224 it was 70% covered.. but now not so much..when we do get some good ice its going to be best ice gets the action/// 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fishingful

• View Profile
Hardly any wind here in mogadore right now and 27 deg.

Vexilar