Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Battery box for a bigger Battery.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I have a 12 Ah battery that is about 1 1/4" wider than a vexilar battery. I liked clams design and would have gladly payed the $10 but it doesnt fit my big battery. I also am looking for a USB port to charge my phone.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Have you checked out the clam battery box? I have 2 of them and really like them. It comes with the bracket and hardware to install, bag for the battery with cig. outlet for 12 v accessories and a charger. If your battery doest fit in that you could always just get the bracket and bend the edges down to fit.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Its an inch too big!
I am tired of hearing this all the time!!! But all fun aside. Why do you need such a large battery?? My vex goes 12 hours on a single charge. I have a spare with a speedy connection. If i need to i just set that new battery on top and plug the cord in.
Or is this running more than the vex. Like shack lighting etc??
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:03:21 AM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
may be using it for lights, underwater camera, elec. auger, disco ball, hot tub, etc. It sure would be nice to be able to sit back and relax in a hot tub and catch some fish.  ;D

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I use it for a cellphone, or tablet, lights, backup for anything else. Its in a bucket now and I'd like to mount it But the projects that actually pay the bills get in the way. I might but a disco ball in but in the off season. Jk
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
You could always just make one out of some 1 by. It shouldnt take to long and could bolt it to you sled

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I ended up just buying the clam with the bag I have a 9AH battery in it and did fine last weekend.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Erie Tom

• View Profile
I have  the FL-8  and  use a Little Playmate cooler. Mounted  the unit on  the flip top. The 7ah battery  leaves plenty of room for lure box or two and maps, Auger blades and still some  room.

Vexilar