Ice Fish Ohio Forum

3-14 ..CAUTION

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hit up nimi again to see how the ice faired after raining all night, went out of N launch towards gas well on other bank. I found 8-9 of clear and 2 " of  fog , lots of sloppy water to walk in. BEWARE the cracks are getting bigger and old holes are growing bigger, I saw several  old holes that were almost 3 feet in diameter, my holes from yesterday were 11" now , was 8"  .....but  I did manage 8 crappy 9-11", 7 keeper perch 9-10" a bunch of pencil perch   and....and... 3 channel cats (blah) all on minnows and lime green jig. was there from 11 till 3:30 about...the edges were showing signs of wear,  water clarity was about 4ft...so if you head out walk smart , avoid bad spots. carry safety equip, don't go alone, and for all the new guys ask questions if in doubt  sit it out..........heres a couple pics 2  tease ya    ahhahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update.  ;D  Hoping to make it out 1 more time Monday if the conditions hold up with two days of sun and warmth. Going to be 67 Monday!  :-\  I'm ready for the bass boat now though.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Hawaiian Ice

• View Profile
Went out with my son at 7pm and fished till 10.  Got 9 keeper crappie with 2 over 11 inches.  All on pink jig and glow plastic.  Saw those big holes going out and we made sure we follow our tracks walking back to shore.  I believe we are done for the year.  Don't want to push our luck.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
good catch Rik. :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar