Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Anybody Out Yet?

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Was wondering if anybody has been softwater fisher yet? Im thinking about getting into catfishing this year. I have never really tried to catch catfish but with my sprng,summer,fall work schedule it seems like the obvious choice to be able to fish more. I only require 4-6 hrs of sleep a night so I could fish at night. Anybody here good at catching BIG catfish. I live ten minutes from wingfoot so any ideas of where to catch the big ones and what to use would be helpful. Thanks
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Hey Hardwater don't rule out bass fishing at night. I have great luck at night from late june til mid sept. It's alot of fun.
turkey09

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I dont have a boat as of now so Im just bank fishing. I may have to hook up with youto see how you do as I have only good luck bank fishing for bass in ponds.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

lowellhturner

• View Profile
 A "Friend got a 17" `eye on outside of N breakwater of the Marina at CJ, said a boat got another off very end of the S breakwater (#15A) while he was there, bigger than his. Rumor has it a 18" crappie and a 16.5' were both taken out of CJ sometime last wk, called the "Boat House" bait shop across from the Tower to inquire, and Sam the owner snapped back that should come in and atleast buy my license while I drooled on the pictures of said 2 fish, and NO! the nice guy who caught them didn`t remember WHERE he caught them in CJ...my guess is he was out bird watching on his bass boat and POOF !! they MAGICALLY just appeared in this livewell ! YEAH, RIGHT...

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Last year as soon as ice out I noticed alot of guys and gals carrying stringer fulls of cats around the area of Alum where I live. I  always thought of cat fishing as a late summer night fish. I decided to speak to a couple of guys walking out and they both said that this time of the year was the best time to fish for big cats. According to them find six fow and throw a cut shad out and you'll slam them, seeing the amount of cats and size of the ones on their stringers I would be inclined to believe them.   
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Hardwater I don't have a boat right now. I have had 3 in the past and will have one again in the future. For now I fish with my friends that have boats and 90% of my friends with boats all enjoy night fishing for bass. We use blacklights on the boat it lights up 10ib clear blue stren, it looks neon green and looks like ur fishing with a big piece of yarn. Spinnerbaits and jigs are my go to baits at night. Plastics can work well also.
turkey09

Vexilar