Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Any Good Places to Fish at Buckeye from shore??

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
im new to buckeye but i will be back there next week for work and wanna try to catch some crappie.  we drove around it the other week and only found 1 spot on the south east side of the lake, that is across a bridge right before you get to a major intersection.  had a keep out sign but it was packed.

anywho, if anyone could help me out that would be great.  also what kind of lures and etc they would be biting on b/c im  out of my element down here lol.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I know that guys fish around Liebs Island Ramp in the channel for crappie.

Also, If you want to get into the saugeye action at night i would hit the 79 boat ramp.

There is a rock jetty that is on fire at night. Buy some floating rapalas or rogues in fire tiger and clown. You can also get rogues that work well.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
thanks dave, ill have to try those spots next week.  hope the weather improves.

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
well i tried both places today with no luck :-\  gonna try it again tom night after work.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
If you park at the 79 ramp and walk to the shore line. Take the sidewalk and head west until you see a private yaht club. There will be houses behind you but as long as you stay betwwen the side walk and the lake you are ok to fish. Just stay off of there docks. This is a great spot for saugeye.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar