Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New fishing machine!

Bryan · 7 · 5056

Bryan

• View Profile
Picked it up on Saturday and I'm just now going back to work tomorrow...I'm gonna miss her!

28' Marinette Sportsman, all aluminum hull, these boats are like a tank and can handle some of the worse conditions Lake Erie can offer. I have been shopping for one of these for a LONG time, there aren't many out there and the few that are for sale have been charter boats and beat to hell. Finally found a good one, this one has had two owners before me, all maint records since new, even the original sales brochure and sales reciept!

So...who wants to go fishin? LOL!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's an awesome boat!!  I perfer aluminum because you can't hurt 'em.  glad you found what you're looking for, always a saitsfying feeling.  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah thats a beauty, since i ran a marina in R I  in the 70s  i have always wanted a wooden cris craft ...and yours looks like a fine craft... i know you will love her......funny how a boat can be so beautiful..   yep a fine craft.....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Those are wonderful boats, I did a lot of work on one last year. You will love it!

Just sayin, you can catch quite a few fish around your dock if the water clears up a little. crappies and gills and LM bass can get thick in there... Let me know when your goin fishin lol only a ten min drive for me!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Bryan

• View Profile
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Jonny, you must recognize the marina! Well it's only going to stay there until our docks open at the state park on Middle Bass May 1st. The fella I bought her from is letting me moor her there until then.

We drove it back from Middle Bass on Wed and let me tell ya...THAT was a rough ride! The windhield wipers couldn't even keep up at times!

I have some work I got to get done tomorrow, but I'm thinking of driving up tomorrow night, sleeping on the boat and hitting the lake first thing in the morning to jig for walleye. From all the reports I'm reading this is the bite of the century! I need to get out there!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Yup but this wind isn't helping any. Can change minute to minute up here...
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great boat and would love to come up. Thanks for the invite.

Problem is i started a new job and don't have the free time like before.

Take Jonny, He can catch em.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar