Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 11, 2024, 01:55:00 AM

Author Topic: fish report 1/10/11  (Read 2795 times)

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
fish report 1/10/11
« on: January 11, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »

went to achesons early morning, dinks drove to dunns couldn't get on through moundwood. went to long island, pony island fished that area until 3pm, dinks all day. I caught around 30 blue gill, no perch, no crappie and 8-10 white bass. No keepers, I went to Lemans bait store and the young guy in there told me that 5 people fell through the ice this past weekend. I didn't fish but i can tell you for a fact that it is not safe at O'conners, I checked the ice and with 1 hit my spud bar went through. Just because you got good ice in one area doesn't mean crap, the only way some will learn is to take a dip and then they'll be like my wimpy butt and carry a spud bar. Enough on that , I went to Blackhawk to finish the evening and with the 10-12 people out there , nothing notta , skunked on the eyes.

triton189

• View Profile
Re: fish report 1/10/11
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 07:56:31 PM »

went to achesons early morning, dinks drove to dunns couldn't get on through moundwood. went to long island, pony island fished that area until 3pm, dinks all day. I caught around 30 blue gill, no perch, no crappie and 8-10 white bass. No keepers, I went to Lemans bait store and the young guy in there told me that 5 people fell through the ice this past weekend. I didn't fish but i can tell you for a fact that it is not safe at O'conners, I checked the ice and with 1 hit my spud bar went through. Just because you got good ice in one area doesn't mean crap, the only way some will learn is to take a dip and then they'll be like my wimpy butt and carry a spud bar. Enough on that , I went to Blackhawk to finish the evening and with the 10-12 people out there , nothing notta , skunked on the eyes.

Thanks for the report! I think I am done with Indian through the ice for the year. I want to try Buckeye or Alum. However, I have never fished either of them.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Re: fish report 1/10/11
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »

Welcome aboard the last 3 times we went to indian we didn't bring home a snack, We've been having some luck at buckeye, but now alum is freezing up nice, since I live on alum I'll probably start trying to figure out where the eyes are hiding here. shoot me a pm if you want to meet up someday.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar