Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Dock tournament

Nwohioiceman123

• View Profile
I was wondering if there was going to be a dock tournament this weekend. I doubt there will be any safe ice near and want to do some type of fishing.

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
im with ya just can't keep the ice around....id like to see one more tourney at alum this year....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:22:03 PM by Curtis937 »
CPRCatfish.com

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
There's a charity event this weekend, ice or no ice at Wingfoot  that will draw a lot of IFO  members. ;)

quackpot

• View Profile
I will be at Alum because there won't be ice I feel safe on. I love fishing those docks.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
The wingfoot event is saturday. If you guys are going to have a tourney on sunday I will be down to fish
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Nwohioiceman123

• View Profile
I'm fine with Sunday. What exactly is this event at wing foot hardwater?

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
It is a event that Big Daddy is doing for Harvest for Hunger. It is 10.00 per person or team. If we fish the winner gets bragging rights and I believe a trophy because all the money is going to charity. Here is the info I copy and pasted from his post

2nd Annual Ice Out Hunger Icefishing Tournament
WHERE: Wingfoot State Park
WHEN: February 2, 2013 7:30AM til 2:30PM
WHY: To help the Akron Canton Foodbank restock their shelves after the bust Holiday season
COST: Entry fee is $10 per 1 or 2 person team. 100% of fees collected go to the foodbank.

This is a "bragging rights" event. There will be trophies given to the top 3 places in ADULTS (16 and over) and KIDS (15 and younger)

Entering the event will get you a raffle ticket for a door prize from one of our sponsors: Mogadore Bait and Tackle, Portage Lakes Bait and Tackle, Gone Fishin' Bait and Tackle, Finny's Custom Rods, and Ice Fish Ohio. If you would like to donate a prize to our raffle, give me a call or shoot me an email [email protected]

This is an "AT YOUR OWN RISK" event. There will be a safety talk prior to heading out on the ice. If the ice is deemed unsafe, we will still hold the awards/prize giveaway party.

This event is about giving back and helping those in need. We have a lot of sponsors who have stepped up including JoAnn Fabric and Craft stores, WKYC, Inside the Great Outdoors Radio, www.ohiogamefishing.com, www.icefishohio.com plus those I mentioned above.

Registrations are the morning of the event starting at 6AM at the PINETREE LODGE at Wingfoot State Park in Suffield, Ohio.

If you have ANY questions, email me at [email protected] and I will get back with you. Thanks!
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Nwohioiceman123

• View Profile
Thanks sounds very fun but I don't think I can make the three hour drive. Hope it has a great turn out. Good luck ;D

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I dont think i can swing one this weekend. I have kids basketball on Saturday and a Wrestling tournament on Sunday. Sorry Guy's
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Family first,their only young once. We all appreciate  everything you do for the IFO  which is all of us .    Thank you Dave . :)

quackpot

• View Profile
The grandson and I will be there giving it a try saturday. Thanks for everything you do Dave

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks Guy's!

If we do not freeze up enough to hold Mosquito next weekend than i can have a dock tournament,

I will keep you posted.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar