Ice Fish Ohio Forum

sick of it!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The warm temps and rain are bad enough, but I'm so sick of this wind.  Everything's working against us, its infuriating!!!! >:( >:(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I hate wind, detest it, abhor it, never want to deal with it again.  Kills ice, makes boating lake Erie less than enjoyable and I always have to de-limb the .4 mile long driveway.  Did I mention just how much I hate winds?  Also can't work a drop shot well in wind.  Sorry you had to read the rant, but I'm mad.  No flu, no work, and no ice!  Very maddening!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Yea,what he said,but double,I hate wind to unless IM drift fishing crawler harnesses at berlin then it's ok but only while IM fishing then it has to stop as soon as IM done!!! >:(
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

buddachiefer

I know the feeling no work, can't fish, deer won't move in this, I think I'm gonna get some tungsten beads and tie some ice jigs up. Hopefully if we don't think about the weather it will get better.

deerslayern

• View Profile
As much as i love to ice fish like the rest of u, with the weather as it is, if I cant get on the ice I the only thing i can think about is slamming the panfish on the little boat with the ice rods. alot more fun than what it sounds. Crappie, gills, what have u, I can hear them now bouncing around the cooler waitn to b cut  cookd and in my tummy...  Mmmmm. For our sake I hope we get a third round of ice. would b nice.
When in doubt test it out.  No ice is safe ice. becareful out there.

Norm Hunitngton Jr

Pro staff
Clam
HT enterprises
frabill
Humminbird

Guide for
New London
Willard
Pleasant Hill

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Im sick of it too. As much as Im sick about the weather I even more sick of hearing the same moaning and groaning everyday. It is what it is. We live in Ohio and we have to play the cards we are dealt. Some seasons are great and some are bust. This season is better then last season so lets be happy with what we got. If you want to have that perfect long season this aint the place. Maybe those who are unhappy should sell all there gear to people who would love to have it and are happy to get out on the days they can get out or packup all your stuff and move to somewhere colder. We have all complained on here from time to time but it seems anymore that everytime I look at my unread post half of them are people complaining about one thing or another. Its almost always the same people. When this site started it was a great place and everybody was positive no matter what. That moral overall has gone down because a few are bringing everyone down. A few bad apples will ruin the whole bunch. Its got to the point that I dont even want to get on here anymore but I continue to because there is still some good here and there is always new fisherman that need help and I like to help if I can and I am still learning new things all the time myself. That is the entire reason im here. I wish that the people that like to complain would think before they post. What kind of example are you setting for everyone else. If I was a newbie and researching ice fishing and I seen all these negitive post I would just forget about ice fishing. Just figure that there is never any ice around and why waste my money for something that I will never get to do. I now understand why most of the original pro staff doesnt post anymore. They got tired of this way before me. I get nothing out of being a pro staff but the satisfaction of helping further this sport and help teach the new guys whatever I can. I dont get paid to be a prostaff member. I barely get a few promo items and that isnt very much anyways but I dont care about that. I want to continue on but I am done being a prostaff member here. I will still post fishing reports and help answer questions but as for being a IFO Prostaff member im done. All the other prostaff guys can have it because I dont want it anymore. Ive struggled thru this season trying to hang on but enough is enough. There is a few other reasons that im leaving the prostaff and Im not getting into that here but I have tried to get some things changed and not much happens so I will leave that at that. Im am sure I am ruffling some feathers by saying all this but if any of you feel that im aiming this towards you then maybe you should reevaluate what you are doing and why do you feel that way. Think about why you got into this sport in the beginning and why are you the way you are now. I want to get back to the time where it was just me, my friends, the ice and the fish. No other b.s. about it. Just go and have a all around good time with my friends not worrying about what everyone else thinks or who can post in every topic on here or who did this or that and what they think about something that has nothing to do with me or what I do. That is why I am going back to being a regular member just like when I joined this site. I do want to thank 99% of you for the good time that I did have being a prostaff member. I have made some great life long friendships here and hope to continue them and also make new friends.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I'm sick if run on paragraphs... geez people break up your sentences.  :P

It's all good!  I'm just thinking about the next time I can get on the water period!  Hard or soft!!!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tim is right.  We live here, and need to play the cards mother nature gives us.  Theres always something we can do; take the boat out, fish a spillway or river, or fish off the docks or piers.  With being sick 4 of 6 weeks its tough to stay positive, but thanks for the wake-up call, don't want to drag the members down!!

Team Wilcraft!

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
If people didn't complain what would there be to read... Lol I like a little drama :)

Sorry to hear that Tim. Wish I could swing ya in a little happier mood but you seem to know what your gettin at. I will post pics of some ice fishin this weekend to cheer everyone up :)
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
How about little patience and tolerance. We are all in the same limbo . I savor every moment on the ice as a gift . So how about we all  relax and wait on the ice.  :)

Vexilar