Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 02, 2024, 04:29:17 AM

Author Topic: Indian 1-23  (Read 4597 times)

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Indian 1-23
« on: January 23, 2016, 08:55:36 PM »

Finally got out on some ice ;D not a great day but I caught fish. Started at Achesons before daylight. Caught some keeper gills right off but it slowed down and the fish got smaller. Hit the back of the reserve late morning. Dead hole. Fished pony in the afternoon. Bunch of gills. Some keepers and one squeaker crappie. Lost something big right at the hole and broke one of my rods :-[ ended the day at north fork. Few marks but no takers. Guy I was with caught one keeper but that was the only fish I saw caught. Guess they caught a lot of dinks there today. Good 6+ inches of ice everywhere I fished but there is a pressure ridge with some unsafe ice behind it between long and north fork a guy told me about. All my fish came on small tungsten with red or chartreuse tails tipped with spikes and waxies.  Headed back up tomorrow. See if I can find some crappie. If anyone is on em let me know. I'll buy breakfast.

ScottB

• View Profile
Re: Indian 1-23
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:25:08 PM »

My son and I started fishing around noon for bluegills in Lucy's pond.  After moving a couple times, we found found a good spot, caught 30+ but a only a few keeper size.  Switched over to Saugeye around 4:00, only caught one but it was my personal best, 23".  My son had a nice one hooked but lost him. 

Bryan78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:30:33 PM »

Good report and good job on the eye. I lost a damn nice one by pony last year. Lost it right under the hole, it bit on a real tiny jig and the hook popped out. I'll be on the lake tomorrow dark and early. I'll give a report whether good or bad.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 11:07:14 AM »

Great fish Scott,congrats
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 11:54:42 PM »

Nice PB Scott.  Always fun to get big fish through the ice.

g

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 08:45:30 AM »

Great report 30. Glad you caught fish anyway. Good luck on your future outings.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar