Ice Fish Ohio Forum

lowrance elite 4 chirp ice machine

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
whoever has 1 can you tell me your best set up for this machine, I had mine out today and I couldn't get it to show my jig , got pissed and went back to my vex 18......... might be wishing I bought a different toy

wmwhitten

• View Profile
I just bought a elite 5 hds have not got to use it yet but I set it like they suggested on You tube worked in the air can't wait to try it out on the lake. new to ice fishing wish I could help you more.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I have the elite 3x and the elite 4 but it's not the chirp. I have to adjust the sensitivity constantly depending on depth and structure or I can't see. I'm set on the 83 khz for a narrow beam. It can be tough to set where you can see your jig but doesn't clutter the whole screen. I'm usually around 50-60 % sensitivity. It's way different than a vex but once you get used to it I think you'll like it. I don't use the flasher on mine btw. Just the sonar. And tungsten makes a huge difference on being able to see. Not sure why.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I know your right on the tungsten jigs  I notice they have a good return,  the other day I was out and the water was only 8 ft and my gain was way to high, jig was jigungus  hahaha  had to crank gain way down on my garmin.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I tried it again today but went right back to my vex, I'm just going to have to park the vex at home and get used to the lowrance. The thing I dont like it that I have the same machine as some of the videos but they have different screen options on theirs, must be a different transducer?

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
There's a bunch of different versions of the elite 4 so I couldn't tell you. I will be at Indian this Friday. And prob sat and sun too.Pm me if you are gonna be up there. See if we can get you straightened out.

Hookset Harvey

• View Profile
Turn surface clairity to medium. Helps get rid of a lot of junk on your screen. Then put the color palate in ice view. You'll have to play with sensitivity and contrast until it's to your liking.
I run a elite 7 in split zoom mode and try to,make my tungsten jig with wax worm a black line with slight blue in it also. That way there is good separation when the fish gets close to the lure.
Hope that helps

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
finally got help today with the lowrance, I forgot to ask the guys name but he walked me through his setup on the ice and with that info I promptly went home and tuned mine in, NOW  come on fish and do your part

bigfisher937

• View Profile
Lol. Might have been me. Northfork area? My names Mike if we bump into each other again.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:08:46 PM by bigfisher937 »

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Yea it had to be you, thanks a ton, I was starting to regret ever buying one, all the videos I watched, not one of them showed how to set it up the way yours is. I even called lowrance and asked for a dvd and the lady said they use YouTube to show the , "how to section". Thank you again Mike, my name is Dan , I'm sure we'll meet up again. I was headed out this morning but all of my kids are home only for the 2nd time in 3 years so I'd rather do some catching up with them

Vexilar