Ice Fish Ohio Forum

PLX 2/6/15

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Back on my spot again today and had similar results. More bass, no giants this time though, and some great bluegill. Got a fish Ohio and had a fish around 10" slip back down my hole. The technique and depth were different. Fish were a tad higher and the jig needed to be pounded and in constant motion. Also needed to be tiny, a little Fiskas with a size 16 hook and a lone spike was all that would get a bite. Anything bigger and they'd swim up and ignore it and go back down. I lost a few big ones on the tiny jig, but without it I wouldn't have got anything.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Thanks for the tips. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sure, no problem.   ;D  Here's the best one.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Nice.  Bass are a lot of fun.  Great day.  Did they have a dark or light jig preference.  I had 2 bumps today and both on dark jigs.  I tend to really lean on red glow or green glow but today was black and dark red.
Born to fish.   No plan B.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep. Black and dark green.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar