Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Slow Bite Monday 1/3/2011 at Turkeyfoot

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Knew as soon as I woke up and saw the sunrise with clear skies and full sunshine it wasnt going to be great day on the ice.  Even so, I went to Turkeyfoot as planned. Set up my 6 tip-up with minnows and starting fishing & jigging for panfish.

Right off the bat, I landed this nice perch... thought the day might turn out better than expected, but that catch was a false alarm.  Managed to catch only 9 fish and bring 8 home... 3 Crappie, 1 Perch, 3 Gills & 1 Sunsfish.

Fished 8:00 am - 12:30 pm Never caught a fish on the tip ups

Ice was solid 4'-5"... Slick as a mirror. My feet went out from underneath me and I busted my ars on it... Luckily, no damage.  (I didnt realize that one of my boot cleats came off while sitting in the shanty... found out too late).

Here's a pic of the perch.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:40:55 PM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
Nice perch. I know of a great spot on East where you can get them like that. I wish we still had access to it...
Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'll hit East when we're certain we have good, safe ice. I usually park at Burch's Landing or at the closed restaurant adjacent to the clock tower.

It may be another week before I start venturing onto it.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
I hear you. I know there are a TON of NO TRESPASSING signs on the docks at what used to be Burch's and I'm not sure I want to head out there. I may stop at a few places and see if I can get permission to park/walk out.

Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

Vexilar