Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wisconsin Update

davek · 2 · 2404

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Greetings all Sorry i havent talked to you guys for a while been a busy summer kids are back in school and life has finally slowed down a bit. Fishing in the Mississippi has been tough at best this summer, over 30 inches of rain, rivers way up and it has taken a lot of imagination to catch much of anything. The boys have fished a couple tourneys that have had good turnouts without many fish caught. Prairie Du Chien had one in July Brett took 4th with a turnout of 52 kids. Lansing IA had 104 kids in August and each one took home something we are fortunate to have a long list of very gracious sponsors.
 All of our bass this year have been in the 10 -12 inch range just cant find the big ones, alot of sheephead (drum) have been caught. The gills have been small for the most part got into some big ones a couple weeks ago off the boat but not very many. Took the kids to Brushy Creek near Webster City Ia 2 weeks ago and caught some nice gills and perch and one lonely crappie.
Cant wait for the ice to start should be out the end of November. Good luck to all and teach a child to fish Dave

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Good to hear from you Dave. I think we all have been busy this summer. Not enough fishing this summer for me.

We had a little cold weather here and it has me pumped up for this winter.

If you get back this fall make sure you give me a call.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar