Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Conneaut perch will spoil you

beckslabs

• View Profile
  Headed east with captains Van and Chris. As always they put us on the fish and boy were they big! Caught our limits everyday! Campedat a local campground and had a great place to clean fish and have a great fish fry one night. We were there for a week and it went fast as vacations always do. On our last day you couldn't get a break! As soon as you dropped your hook you had fish on the line. You had to leave your pole out of the water just to get a drink. Good fishing, good food, good times and good friends. Captain Van does walk-on perch trips at headboat prices. This is great when you are on a budget. If it is just one person (if your wife isn't as great as mine and loves to fish) just let Van know and he will find others to fill the boat. Usual load is six people per trip. Thank Van and Chris for a wonderful week of fishing.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Those are some slabs. I will have to give them a call. Maybe a group of us would like to go up together soon.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

beckslabs

• View Profile

My dad and I are going up to eastlake oh to fish at fairport hump with Van 9-27,9-28
    PH#(937-448-3037)  Craig Beck  ;D

beckslabs

• View Profile

beckslabs

• View Profile

I talk to Van today and he said that the perching at Fairport hump has not been good the jumbo perch need to move more west.  Van said he was going to trailer the boat back to Conneaut if he can get enough interested people to make it worth his while.  I will know more when it closer to those dates and will post it and let people know. 

Fishers of Men

• View Profile
    • Fishers Of Men - Lake Erie Ohio Fishing Charters
Hi guys,
it's on...the jumbos are off the Cleveland shore line and no need to go that far anymore.
Thanks to some cooler temps and it will only get better! :)

fomsportfishing.com
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way."
Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778"

FOMSportfishing.com

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
What is going on for this Sunday? How much and how many do we need to get.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

beckslabs

• View Profile
Called Van and he said he does have a perch trip going on Sunday but is not full. He can take 3or 4 more people at $55 per person. You have to supply your own bait and ice. If only one person wants to go that is fine. It is first come first serve. If interested call 330-577-6871. There is also a walleye trip on Saturday. My ph#937-448-3037 Craig Beck I can go!!!!

Fishers of Men

• View Profile
    • Fishers Of Men - Lake Erie Ohio Fishing Charters
Hi Guys, Winter has me strapped up! I started a facebook page if anyone here is on there, it's under Van Burnett. Be glad to have you join in. Also I have a "like" button on the website. fomsportfishing.com

Craig, you gonna hit any of that Erie hard water? You guys are not very far from me for your Wingfoot outing Saturday.
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way."
Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778"

FOMSportfishing.com

Vexilar