Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Fishing Walker

davek · 6 · 3186

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
As many of you know from my posts one of my fishing buddies is having mobility issues so I have decided to try to make a walker with skis to make life easier on him. I want to have it so a bucket will mount somewhwere on it so any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated and please remember were all getting older so something like this might help extend our days on the ice. I know doug Stewart is very crafty so lets all put our heads together to come up with something Thanks for the help and as we anxiously await first ice teach a child to fish God Bless Dave

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
YOu don't want the bucket in the way of his stride, but if you put it off to one side he might tend to have to fight the drift as he's walking... Does he have the strength to push the whole thing if the load is positioned out in front?
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
I think hell be ok that way bill travels light its going to be a trial and error deal to figure out what works i would like to figure a way to put a fold down seat on it

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I am building a push sled for the past 2 years. Never find time to finish. So far i went to the hard ware store and purchased 4 16 inch steel tubes with treading on both ends and mounted 4 round steel connecttors to the ski's. the tubes thread into the connectors. That is as far as i have gotten.

I will attach a aluminum sheet with side with the same mounts and i am still working on the handle bars to push with.

Another idea i saw last week was a older gentleman who had a 3 wheel kids stroller with large wheels. He mounted everything to it and rolled it to the water. Maybe this could be a structure that could be mounted to ski's.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Thanks David thats the kind of ideas im looking for

Fishin 2

• View Profile
If the ice is relatively clear, snow free, I have a 3 wheeled golf cart, works great, strap on a couple buckets and away ya go. Mike
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

Vexilar