Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Black Betty

mitch131 · 23 · 11011

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
Sunday i used the black betty that my wife bought me for christmas it was nice i love the rod the reel on the other hand was very diffrent but i think the more i use it i will get a better feel for the inline reel
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
What didnt you like or made it difficult? Im thinking of getting one myself. I have been using the frabill and genz inline reels and love them compared to my old schooly reels
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
hardwater it is just diffrent in my shanty trying to reel a fish in i wish it had i longer handle on it my big fat hand just made it feel wierd
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
It was probably weird because you were catching fish.  ;D As for wanting a longer handle for it give me a call today if you get a chance and I can get you all fixed up.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
i try to call later i have to work later today but i did have fun sun it was nice to just get out i didnt care if i didnt get a bite just want to be out
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
used my betty couple times now, put some power pro blue ice 5lb  on it . i like it because its so simple... but you have to loosen drag to peel line off, or set it and just peel it off. i like it, now there is a version that free spins . :D would love one for deep water and big fish ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I have the free spin one. It wasn't cheap but I love it.
turkey09

mbarrett1379

• View Profile
    • Steelhead fishing "Rainbow Row"
the free spin one looks sharp but I can't spend that much to ice fish ohio. just not enough time to use it. but in 4 years when i graduate college and head out to northern mn to find work. then ill invest big bucks in this gear

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey turkey does the free spin work nice, i want one for next year, ;D should i
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Works real nice. There is a tension knob to control speed of the spool. It also retrieves line at 19" per turn of the handle. Great deep water reel. I would recommend it to anyone. I hope to get another one next year.
turkey09

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I just bought two of the free spin ones the razor on icetechfishing.com
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I'll have to check those out.
turkey09

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too, I want some of those!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Those razor reels are nice but at 90 bucks a pop i dont think so. I understand they are milled and not cast but I still dont see it. If it was geared I may look at getting one. On top of that there size is very large. The reel itself has a four inch diameter plus another 2-3 inchs added for additional handle length. It would stick out 6-7 inchs from the rod. If they gave me one I would try it but I dont think I would drop 90 bucks on something I dont think I would like or take up so much space

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
So i bought two of them I will update. 
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar