Ice Fish Ohio Forum

gimme ice

• View Profile
Good morning fellow cold freaks! New guy here. What a weekend!? I'm fishing on 5in. of good ice last Thurs. and now it's back to square one. At least the forecast is calling for some colder temps. Geez. Love fishing NE Ohio ponds/metroparks lakes. Hope to get on some big lakes this season (Mosq/Pym) too.  ;)

knucklehead

• View Profile
Good morning as well i am also a new guy. I am a little farther west in the Toledo area. This no ice stuff really sucks but i am trying to be positive. I normally fish east harbor, wauseon reservoir,lake Erie,and anywhere else i can find ice and some good fishing.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for joining us this season. We will have good ice this year.

We all look forward to your posts this season in your areas.

Please check out everything on the site and if you ever have questions please feel free to send me a personal message.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to both!!  I'm in NE Ohio, always willing to help out a fellow icer!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Welcome both of you !!!
I believe we are both from the same general area Gimmie Ice!!
My home lakes are Spencer Lake and Wellington Upgroud Res.
I hail from Lorain county.
Send me a PM When you plan on hitting Mosquitto.
I have some productive waypoints maked on my GPS.
If you would like any info on Spencer or Wellington just give me a shout.

I got all the colds and flus out of the way in my house durring this first short lived spell of Ice.
So when we get it back and the forcast doesnt look half bad for the next couple weeks, Ill be more than ready to hit the Ice with a vengance.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Welcome Guys. Where are all the ice nuts east of Cleveland? Geeze.   8) I'm walking distance to West Branch and fished pymie alot last summer. I dock a pontoon and camp there. We have some good ice temps coming up and I bet we can be on the ice around the 5th of Jan. Anyway, any of you ever come over this way or to skeeter or pymie to hit the ice give me a yell.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Welcome fellow iceman ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Welcome guys! Glad to have you aboard. Knucklehead we'll have to get together & fish Wauseon. Do you fish upper or lower?  I used to fish it when I lived in Lyons. Also fished Delta. :)
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

joewallguy

• View Profile
Welcome guys. Im kinda new here as well. Im in north olmstead as of this season and really want to hit wellington and spencer. I never have  and im not that far. Great site here

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
welcome everyone  ;D ;D that is whet makes this site so nice, lots of people all over so we all can keep informed ... 8)  I even get revved up reading about reports from far away and even take adventures to new places   ....thanks everyone..... :D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Joewall. let me know when you want to hit Spencer or Wellington. I live in Grafton so I fish both of them often. If it is sunny or making ice (singing) your best bet is Spencer. the fish at wellington are easily spooked and hold tight to the bottom. the best fishing in Spencer is on the south lake. Let me know when your headed that way I have a couple good spots out there. I took  a few hundred eaters out of there last year even with a short season.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

joewallguy

• View Profile
Sounds good nip. I try and get out a lot. Bout 20 times on last yrs short ice. Just moved this way and I will be there for sure. Thanks.  I will drop ya a line. Getting my vex and need to learn how to use it. Im so pumped for ice. I cant wait

Vexilar