Ice Fish Ohio Forum

sunday

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
fellow icers, hit up wingfoot today. ;D went out into bay by dog park , was about 3-4 clear ice..with some snow that went slushy later..wind was really bad good thing I staked my pop up down..water visibility was poor only about 4 ft max. was in about 9 10 ft , soon as I dropped a line bam blue gill, was using pin mins and mags, waxys..forgot my electronics so finding my gps spots , not happening...action was steady gills, rock bass, and even a CATFISH...eeewwwww.....took about 15 home and thru back about ten more.  ;D but around noon the fish just turned off. that's about when other guys started coming out...oh well hopefully nimi next weekend..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fishingful

• View Profile
And I passed snowcone heading out as he was walking back in. Fished the same general area. fish did not turn back on until about 5 then had to go to one rod because as I was taking off a fish the other was bouncing. Caught around 30 with only one keeper. 10 crappie in the mix of gills but all were small. Stayed till 7 and last fish caught at 630. Man....it was windy....2 guys came out with cabin shanty and were throwing out cuss words because they were moving with them in it. My fish trap stayed in place but had the Mr buddy on high.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:29:58 PM by fishingful »

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey fishingful that's cool you had a hot bit ,,that's the way it was in the am... :D  was nice meeting you maybe we can hit up some ice sometime..i want 2 hit nimi next... 8)  I bet those guys that were out there didn't stay long with that wind...c ya

fishingful

• View Profile
I work in green so that's a possibility for me! I am local until we get ice on Erie or head up to Saginaw bay. My sister is living on Mackinaw island this year so may make a trip up there.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's  good deal  I like 2 bounce around the lakes just because its all about the adventure...now goin 2 lake erie  I really want 2  get some action there I love erie but don't have much ice experience there....so keep the info coming im in

fishingful

• View Profile
Well hopefully we get good ice up there. We have a quad and 3 weeler to get out if its safe enough. Thinking about getting a snowmobile. But beeen working on an airboat for a couple years and started it from scratch. Still working the bugs out but will get it dialed in. Right now welding the motor mount up and redesigning the cage to be stronger. Then putting the motor back on.

Its fun up there but a whole different animal than inland lakes.

Vexilar