Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Anyone at Wingfoot recently ?

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
What ice!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Mr Chomp

• View Profile
I don't understand this??? I just fished Twin Lakes Lagoon on 5"+ with the holes still freezing all day! I even tried the main lake by 43 and it was 3" and rock solid 30 yards out!!!! There HAS to be lakes ready to fish!!!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Drove by today and it looked partialy open and slushy
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
went by last weekend and saw a couple guys over by the islands  ;D  but im afraid im not usung iffy ice, even though i would survive the dunking i cant replace my stuff....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Minnowhead

• View Profile
YUP! What he said.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
The I've that remains is very sketchy on most area lakes  I would hate the thought of all my gear sinking to the muck bottom and all I get in return is wet and cold,I love ice fishing but I also love my collection of stuff!I can wait until conditions stabilize,even if it's next season!
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The I've that remains is very sketchy on most area lakes  I would hate the thought of all my gear sinking to the muck bottom and all I get in return is wet and cold,I love ice fishing but I also love my collection of stuff!I can wait until conditions stabilize,even if it's next season!

Yes, one trip isn't worth replacing over $1500 worth of gear.  I'll wait for a good, clear 3 inches.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• View Profile
 ;D. Spud , Spud , Spud and Spud somemore . That way you will know what's going on with the ice you check .

white ice

• View Profile
Fished it last night. (sunday 17th)  Ice was 3 inches with thinner areas all over.  Got out to 9 ft and did ok at dusk.  This ice is different than the last.  Its clear, but filled with air bubbles.  I don't know if it will make it threw the heavy rain and wind thats forecasted for tonight along with the 40 deg. temps.    Some areas we walked over had 1.5 inches.  That was my last trip out.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I think what we've had of an I've season is slipping away,not worth it to me to go out on sketchy I've, fish in 5ft of water and catch 4-5" gills or nothing at times I'd hate to fall through for action like that,I will wait for better Ice conditions and hopefully better fish,I know it still beats work and all that stuff but I think we should start thinking open water conditions.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• View Profile
We are all waiting for open water , but hoping for fishable ice too.All winter you've been a glass. Half empty person . You need to believe .

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I do believe ,I believe I will wait till this last little bit of I've is gone then gear up for some open water berlin Walleyes ;) ;D ;D
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Really, I thought you were eager for catfish! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
True,very true nothing like thinking youve got a trophy walleye then seeing those whiskers come through the hole,makes it all worth it,and hey slab if your ever looking to catch some whiskers i can loan ya luvstophish,hes a real whisker magnet!!! ;D ;D
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar