Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Anyone at Wingfoot recently ?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
 I've fought many battles with Mr whiskers.  Got one over 29 inches while flipping for bass.  Thought I won the tournament for sure, until I saw the whiskers.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D Like I keep telling you , I sport the whiskers and Ntoiceman  catches them .   :-\  He catches catfish on vibes,spinner rigs and rapalas. He catches bass on hotdogs and pieces of liver . ??? ???  Go figure . ::)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:12:23 PM by Luvztaphish »

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's crazy!  I've caught a carp on a spinner before and bass on a dough ball.  Some things are very puzzling!     ???
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Luvztaphish

• View Profile
Last spring we both caught a carp on a spinner rig .

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I remember when I live in Port Clinton I was walking distance from a stocked trout stream that fed into Lake Erie.. I would fish for steelhead with ice jigs and wax worms but one day the line kept getting tangled and I got angry so to get the aggression out and started casting and ripping back a huge bass fishing spinner bait...you know the one huge skirt two spinners.

A cutthroat ripped into it so hard I nearly ripped it's head off. Couldn't believe it.

Also had a Carp eat a crawfish crankbait that was floating on the top of the water while I was trying to fix a birds nest on my reel.

Otter swam up my hole

And routinely hooked into a mudpuppy ice fishing at Alum Creek

Those are my stories
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have a story that involves a broken toe, a tree, and a bass about 7 pounds that spit my lure out.  Toe met tree out of frusturation when bass got off. Need I say more. Toe still cracks sometimes when I bend it. ;D

Team Wilcraft!

fishingful

• View Profile
I caught about a 30 lb white amer at wingfoot on a crank bait while untangling line. Just like the story above.

I get catfish out at nimisilla on vibies had one I could not fit through the 8 inch hole. Fun when the season slows when we actually have late season ice.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I think I caught that same catfish!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
slab you sound like me :o
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

white ice

• View Profile
What does any of this have to do with Wingfoot??  No wonder nobody posts much on this site.  Its the same 5 guys that talk about catfish time after time.  I hope nobody comes here for a report because their gonna be disappointed. 

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Speaking of dissappointing....wingfoot ice report terrible,shore ice is trashed ,main lake is 2-2.5" milky to clear,fish being caught are small and bite is slow.todays forecast snow turning to sleet the rain remaining scattered throughout friday.high 38,sat 42,sun 40's,mon 48.sounds like a great forecast for ice conditions.sure wish someone would tell a catfish joke,i think i will go to work now so i wont be so down ;D ;D
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

joewallguy

• View Profile
Well thats not what i know to be true. 4" of ice and 40 good sized crappie last night.  Some people keep crying about not having a foot of ice. I have ice fished a dozen times this season and i would not even consider myself that hardcore into it.     i will be out today n tonight.  Gosh go fishing

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I guess it depends on who you talk to,some people think 9" crappies are large ones,I think there just legal.and if you think the ice is in good condition ask the guys who went swimming
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Be careful tonite with this rain today that good clear 4" of I've will be in good shape
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar