Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 20, 2024, 01:31:45 PM

Author Topic: Indian Ice  (Read 3933 times)

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Indian Ice
« on: February 09, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »

Well not much to talk about fishing wise did not catch any thing but the area's I went to had fish I marked them on the vex Ice  at long Island was 4 inches of white crap on top of 5 inches of good ice. Then went to blackhawk 4 inches of white ice and 5 inches of good ice with 1 inch separating the two so every time you took a step you sank a little before you stopped and your foot print had water in it when you lifted up
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

let it freeze

• View Profile
Re: Indian Ice
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 08:31:40 AM »

Hows the parking after the snow storm?

Team Mac

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »

We were at dunns yesterday and had 3 inches of with ice and 6 or 7 inches of good ice...We ended up with 3 sauguyes at dark...But nothing else...Parking was fine at moundwood

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 03:50:59 AM »

I went to LI sat morning, fished on the south side of the bridge, between 3 of us we caught 4 blue gill in 3hrs of fishing, we wanted to move around more but the ice was 9-11" thick with layers of junk in between the ice. We then moved to blackhawk around 3-4pm fished til 7 we had 1 eye 2 blue gill and 3 bass, I've only caught 1 bass in my life icefishing so to catch 3 in 1 day I thought that was crazy. I marked fish off and on that day but nothing steady. I did talked to a guy who did pretty good @' LI on the north side of the bridge, that goes with my luck , wrong place or wrong day :P

networthy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:41 AM »

I fished with a couple of buddies on Sunday from 3pm until dark.  The fishing was slow until just before dark, then we all pounded the slabs, the action was the best that I have had since last year.  I landed 3 crappie over 10" and threw back several smaller ones and lost 3-4 slabs at the hole.  I would have fished longer, but my line got all tangled up and I couldn't see to retie.  One of my buddies left with 5 crappies between 10 and 12 1/2". 
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar