Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice fishing for jumbo perch Ashtabula or Conneaut???

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
would love to give this a try some time. Has anyone ever done it? they should be in fairly close this time of year. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Hey Lee that's a great idea. I recently moved to Mentor and I will ask around a few bait shops in the area and see what I can find out. Water is much beeper in this part of the basin. Let me know if you want to give it a try or any of the lagoons or marinas in the area. I got into some good gills at a mentor on the lake marina last week.

fool4fish

• View Profile
pardon the interuption guys but im from columbus and i feel im getting my ice game together i dont own the finer tools like power auger flasher and shanty that could help me get better but i was getting ready to put up a post asking anyone and everyone if anyone could put me on to an attainable perch bite it suprises more people from the lake dont persue them but i guess when the possibilty of 10 lb eyes exsist  its hard not too, softwater conny blows ashtabula out the water in my experiences for perch i come up every other weekend during april-nov, months none the less if u guys get anything going i will def be willing to travel if you dont mind i will research n post any findings or pm you if u dont mind
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
After doing a little research, Presqe Isle up in Erie PA looks like the best bet other than the marinas dotted on the lake. I couldn't find anything of anyone heading straight out in the lake to ice fish in Asht. or Conny. Due to the wind blown, crushed ice dunes, it's just not safe to get out apparently. Hope this helps ya.

Vexilar