Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Jigging rods

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I have a number of ice rods to use on the ice, but I feel I may be missing something in the lineup.  What type of rods do you guys use with light jigging spoons and small jigging raps, for crappies, perch and BIG gills? 

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Ice Hopper Flat Line Rod has a flimsy tip that acts like a spring bobber but good rod construction that provides backbone for good hook sets. You will want to pair it with their Extreme InLine Reels. The pair is fairly inexpensive compared to what the market charges. www.sportsmensdirect.com
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

jmsteele187

• View Profile
What kind of action are we talking about?  I have all kinds of ultra light and medium action rods.  A few with the same qualities you just mentioned.  I'm not sure how much load from the bait is too much though.

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I use a 26" medium light action, for smaller spoons and smaller jigging raps.
turkey09

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Fast Action Tip for sure. A Vibe would completely wiegh it down- if you are fishing non-tungsten light fluttering spoons this would be perfect.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar