Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Drive-bys?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just wondering if anybody did any drive-bys today to check on ice conditions?  I wanted to but wasn't able.  Curious if any ice survived?
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishingful

• View Profile
Wing foot and mogadore are still covered but the shore is bad a couple feet out. As far as I could reach out at the end of the dock at wingfoot with the spud bar it went through with its own weight. Mogadore had open water under the 43 bridge. Only open water I saw.

fishingful

• View Profile

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I think its safe to assume that if any ice has survived it is not safe,hopefully we recover soon this is so frustrating,I cant face another season like this >:(
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

toadfish

• View Profile
I live right on Grand Lake St. Marys and it still has ice.  It is looking real bad and soft with all the rain.  The edges are practically gone from the run-off and rising lake level.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

trapperjon

• View Profile
I just got back from sandy lk in portage county, last night it had 2 1/2in of soft ice, this AM all gone. lake was about a foot high and muddy, fished from a dock without a nibble, lot's of dead and dying shad

Vexilar