Ice Fish Ohio Forum

It's a Glass half full thing.....

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know we're all disappointed about losing most or all of our ice.  But remember today's only the second day of winter.  We've had more time on the ice already this season than than the last 2 put together almost, and the seasons not really even started yet!  The ice will return and we'll be back on it before we know it.  Let's take this down time and enjoy it with our families and get some things done, that way when it's frozen again we can do what love, drill holes on a frozen lake! ;D  Or can take advantage of open water and get the boat out.......either way works! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
That's right! Another freeze is on it's way.. Temps dropping big time tonight!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
trying to figure out how 2 put my pop up on my boat,... :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

joewallguy

• View Profile
Man I hope so. I was really  starting to think about 12"  plus of ice. Getting on lake erie again. Snow mobiles and 4 wheelers. Just a no doubter ice season like old. I am picking up my first ever vex next week as my christmas gift from everyone. Finally.......finally after all these years I will have my own vex. Please get colder than all get out again for a long time. I like the optomistic outlook. Im not one of them glass half empty kinda guys. Right on

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Miss those days loading up the atv being at Ctawba state park at dawn and heading to green island.  This year it will happen!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Hillbilly

• View Profile
im a realist...i recognise there is a glass, and there is water in it, how much is in it is up to interpretation...

can you tell i live on the southern end of the ice belt?
That being said, i aint to worried, any ice before Jan 1st i consider a bonus, and other than this year, i recall it only twice.

It was an awsome bonus though, and im feening like the rest of you, ready for round 2

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
I tend to prefer my glass half full of water and the other half full of Jack Daniels  ;D
We should get some safe ice by the week of the 6th.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

gimme ice

• View Profile
I just hope it starts getting cold. If I'm on the ice by Jan. 13th I'll be happy.  ;)

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
im taking this break 2 change the skis on my sled,  ;D .....since I have a couple extra pairs I decided 2 experiment ...I use wing nut bolts attatched to frame so I can remove them during summer storage...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar