Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 07, 2024, 12:50:09 PM

Author Topic: Anyone Fishing @ Dream Bridge in 2015?  (Read 11847 times)

toadfish

• View Profile
Anyone Fishing @ Dream Bridge in 2015?
« on: March 04, 2015, 05:15:42 AM »

Thinking about hitting Indian after work on Friday and I have not heard much about the ice/catching at the bridge.  Use to be a "go to" spot.

Much going on at Moundwood?  This usually starts to heat up once water starts moving in.

I may hit northfork or blackhawk.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

g

• View Profile
Re: Anyone Fishing @ Dream Bridge in 2015?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:58:17 AM »

Used to fish Dream Bridge frequently in years past. Now there is no place to park to access Dream Bridge that is close.

megan66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:52:53 AM »

There are a few places to park. Ranger said park along the little side road before you get to the bridge. And there is a spot for one vehicle where the rocks start on the left side.

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:03:21 PM »

I fished there with my buddy 2 weeks ago. Parking is hard to find and about the only place you can park legally is the pull-off right in front of the trailer park. You'll have a bit of a walk  ahead of you, but that's usually the case being a ice fisherman. We had a lot of marks where the water transitions from 11ft to 9ft of water. Look for the contour lines on you navionics or lake map and you should be on them. Keep in mind with that big of a open basin there's a lot of pelagic forage fish that don't hold to any type of structure. Which means a lot of drilling to try to stay on the fish. Or you can what we did and that's drill about a dozen holes and try to wait them out and that didn't really work to our favor at least that day. Good luck and let us know how you do.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:12:15 AM by Maxdad »

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »

I like to call them in with a minnow or 2. In areas like that put a lively minnow on a float and it'll bring in fish. Many times they won't hit the minnow, but will hit a small jig and wax worm or maggot in a hole right beside it. Other times they'll blast the minnow and it's game on. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes to draw the fish in with the minnow, but it usually always works.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »

Be careful its the first area to open up.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 08:32:42 AM »

Minnows would of been great that day, but we had a very short time window to fish.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:13:42 AM by Maxdad »

toadfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 04:49:58 AM »

Hey Maxdad, I made it out yesterday but went to north fork instead of dream bridge.  Fished from 3 to 7 and caught 2 8 or 9" cigars.  No crappie or gills.  A few guys out but lots of moving so I doubt if many fish were caught.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

nags

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 09:02:11 AM »

Fished north fork also got blanked

chub

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »

Trailer park is private property

DirtMerchant

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 08:05:42 PM »

We had the same result on NF this morning too. 2 small gills.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 09:43:33 PM »

Yeah nf was pretty much a bust for me. Fished there all morning. Got one 17 in. Saugeye and lost one crappie at the hole. Moved around after lunch to some new areas and found some... probably 25-30 keeper crappie and gills, one throwback eye, one nice lm and a ton of small gills. Ended up getting em on really small heads 1/64 -1/100 Oz tipped with small plastics and spikes. Chart., red, pink,  and orange. They hit em all. Goin back tomorrow.

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 07:39:45 PM »

Nice work Toadfish and 30inthabucket. I'm planning on going out one last time with my neighbor tomorrow, but probably won't fish Dream Bridge. More than likely heading to NF or cranberry. I'll let you know how we do with the early morning bite.  ;) P.S. Chub I wasn't talking the trailer park itself, but the grass embankment in front of it. I don't think that's private ground. That's where most people park to fish that surrounding area.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 10:27:42 PM »

Go to the main channel into the reserve in front of achesons. Tons of gills and some nice crappie and perch. They're loaded in there but you gotta sort through a lot of small ones. Gl. Gonna try to ditch work tue for just one more last trip.lol

ICE COLD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »

I know a guy that fished Achesons today and he did really well on some big gills and crappies. Lot of little gills to sort thru but it was worth it. Also he picked up a few perch. He moved around a lot and caught fish about everywhere. He said the ice was still fine.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar