Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New member new to ice fishing

osborn · 6 · 5086

osborn

• View Profile
Hello all my name is Bob. I'm married and 47. I live in north Columbus inside 270. I've never ice fished. I am ready to start this year. I have a small fishing boat I use in warmer weather. I'm looking forward to this new option.
I've worked outside all my life and love all climates.  I'm a hunter and fisherman. I don't like to be indoors all winter.
I don't have any ice gear yet but I'm willing to buy whatever I need. Any suggestions on getting started would be awesome.
I work as a cable company supervisor.  My days off hardly fall on sat sun.  But I kind of like that.  Gives me a better chance to hunt and fish during the week while others are at work.
Love to hear from some of you about how to get started. I found you guys on you tube

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I am doing a A-Z ice fishing seminar at Cabelas Jan 25th from 11-3pm I know you mentioned not having Sat or Sun off but if you can make it- I would love to give you some freebies to get started. Name is Scott just come and introduce yourself to me.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
If you'd be able to make the drive to canton, I can go out any day thru the week. I set my own schedule in the winter. I've been at this over 25 years and know the basics and the latest technology. Love to get together and show you the best tools for yourself out on the ice!  And welcome!!!!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Welcome to the site and to ice fishing!!! You will find a lot of good info here and meet a lot of great people willing to share their knowledge and info. Some of us have been icefishing for over 40 years. :)
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Welcome fellow iceman
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

bcann

• View Profile
hi bob welcome to the site I, I too am a new bee to ice fishing though I have ice fished a long time ago with a friend. I live in Youngstown and am married ,have three children all grown up an two are married now .do a lot of camping at pymatunning in the summer.have a 22 ft. pontoon that I love . it is the fishing model.have been going out to mosquito lake a couple times but no fish yet. have the equipment but no fish finder yet. maybe see ya out on the ice some time be for it goes away .drive a maroon jeep liberty so say hi if you out this way . good fishing

Vexilar