Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New guy checking in!

Bryan · 9 · 6919

Bryan

• View Profile
Hi all! Last year was my first year ice fishing and I have been counting down the days for this winter! Luckily I'm the only one at work that likes to take a vacation during Feb!
BTW...I icefish on Lake Erie on the North side of Rattle Snake Island, if anyone passes through our shanty town...give a shout out!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome, glad you're here.  Can't wait for the ice either!  If I make it up to Erie, let you know.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Welcome aboard Bryan.  I am still waiting for the ice too! now I am just a talker about fish I hope to take later in season. ready for real fish to eat, not just to talk about.

Bryan

• View Profile
Thanks for the welcome fellas!

Just to get in the spirit...I'm frying up a few pounds of walleye I caught last month for supper tonight!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Just the thought of thosed eyes fried up makes my tounge slap the back of my brains in anticipation. :D

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Welcome aboard Bryan,

Make sure you download a Walleye Entry form when i get them up so you can win prizes from the sponsors.

We look forward to your posts and would like to come out and fish out there this year.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Bryan

• View Profile
They were pretty tasty! I cooked them in a breading called "Kentucky Kernel" seasoned flour. Holey smokes did that batch turn out good! Really zippy like Kentucky fried chicken original recipe!
Only one more bag of Walleye and one bag of fall Perch left in the freezer...I hope I can hold off till Lake Erie ice!

Dave I'll be sure to do that!
Give me hollar when you're out this way!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Vexilar