Ice Fish Ohio Forum

new blue

bigbob · 18 · 10332

bigbob

• View Profile
hi everyone. located in Wayne county, first off i don't even fish during the summer. i love ice. mostly like to fish small farm ponds and backwoods honeyholes for bluegills. my dad got my started in this and it never stopped. he is gone now and i lost alot of my holes cause i was a little kid and didn't pay attention to where we were going. ill find them again though. with last years disappointing weather and a new kid i didn't get to get on the ice but once. im gonna hit it really hard this year. found a few small ponds off the path in woodbury Co and even gonna try to get out on a bgger lake. good luck to everyone!

including a pic of a day on my buddies "junk" stock farm pond. most of the fillets went to his kids and grandparents.
hybrid bluegill sunfish bigger then ur hand.... and i got pretty big hands!
fish ON!!!!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
cool 8) looks like ya had lots of fun...what did they hit on
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
My dad started me fishing ,but Said I was nuts when I started to ice fish. Maybe he was right .

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome, my dad started me when I was 3.  Been fishing ever since.  Those gills look tasty .
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Welcome aboard my friend!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

bigbob

• View Profile
wax worms triple jiggin 6 inch space about a foot off bottom in only 4-5 foot of water. couple times hit on more then one hook. LANDIN DOUBLES!!!!
fish ON!!!!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Nice catch.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Great catch. I like using the triple wax worm setup, always did well with it, especially in shallower waters. Its an ideal low tech way to figure out what level they're hanging around and what color jig is working best. Once the fish zero in on your spot, its non stop. Welcome to the site.

bigbob

• View Profile
im gonna be gettin all my gear set up today. gotta re-string poles and organize all my stuff. maybe new blades on the auger should be gettin thick enough in the next couple days right????
fish ON!!!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Should be!!  I'm planning a trip toward the weeks end.  Wed, Thurs, or Fri just depends on the ice.  I know a couple ponds should be ready by Thurs or Fri for sure!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Welcome to IFO. Very nice catch you have there. I have been craving a nice big pile of blue gill for a long time. I mainly caught crappie 2 seasons ago and put about 100 lbs of crappie fillets in the freezer because I dont keep fish in the summer unless its walleye. Im glad I keep so much with the non ice season we had last year it held us through. Im down to 2 bags of fish so I need to hurry up and get on the ice. This season I want to focus on bluegills and stock up on them. Walleye is my favorite but its a toss between perch and gills as my second favorite fresh water fish. I only wish we could catch yellow tail snappers in ohio. I use to spend a lot of my winters commerical fishing in Key West and yellow tail is by far the best tasting fish I have found.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Nice to see someone close to me Bob I live near Millersburg and have been looking for people close by to fish with. I have fished alittle on the back waters in coshocton at the public hunting grounds and only caught small bass during winter.

bigbob

• View Profile
awesome. i checked a few ponds today still pretty thin alittle shushy. got all my tackle read and picked my way threw the bait at jew mart (walmart) and got a few good tubs of waxys. im jonesin bad....
fish ON!!!!

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Welcome BigBob
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

bigbob

• View Profile
thank you! REALLY REALLY cold out rght now. can almost hear the ice forming
fish ON!!!!

Vexilar