Ice Fish Ohio Forum

first timer

Guest · 13 · 7448

buddachiefer

i decided to give this a try, just what I needed another hobby! So I went out got a bunch of gear off of craigslist, I think I did good, 9 rods, 7 tip ups, 8" auger, a clam 2000,and a bunch of jigs all for $200. This sport seems very addictive! Are there any informative ice fishing magazines? I was thinking about going to la due res. is it any good in the winter? I do a lot of bow fishing / fishing there spring,summer and fall and its pretty decent, not what it once was but still good. Thanks

Mr Chomp

• View Profile
It is very fun!!! There are different types of ice anglers. I have a shanty but if it's not windy cold I like to free wheel with nothing but a bucket and my auger. All I need are four or 5 pin-min, maggots and an extra bobber.  I'll drill 50 holes a day. If I am at an unfamiliar spot I drill by other people holes. Also, always make sure you have a good idea of the depth. I always start off for gills about 8 inches off the bottom

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Every year In-Fisherman puts out an Ice Fishing magazine that you can find in most Krogers in the fishing section of their magazine racks. Some other magazines also put one out..but In-Fisherman has been doing it for years. If you can get your hands on some old issues it wouldn't be bad either.

Welcome to the sport...yes it is very addicting ...like hunting...since our season is also short.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
There's a ton of instructional videos on YouTube, just search Ice fishing,to start. Welcome to our sport ;D

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Welcome aboard if you want I have a ton of old In-Fisherman ice fishing magazines that I can send to you to get you up and running.  Just PM me.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

bigbob

• View Profile
welcome! if you can stomach the first goood crack that rolls under ur feet you will love this sport. remember. its just gettin thcker!!!
fish ON!!!!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Welcome fellow iceman,i hope you enjoy this "hobby" as much as we do,there is a ton of info available on this site so ask away?
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome, glad you found it.  And yes, you made out well in that deal!!  I'm envious. ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

buddachiefer

I can't thank you all enough, I'd honestly have to say this sport has the best group of people, very helpful, I was at the fin twice in the fishing section and both times I had guys helping out with jigs and tips.  I'm going out tomorrow on a private pond in richfield twp. lots of bass and bluegill in this one, hopefully I pull something out of there.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Richfield your not far from me I would play third wheel.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

buddachiefer

message me your # futurestrader if you want to meet up I'm gonna go at noon-ish.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I sent you a PM
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar