Ice Fish Ohio Forum

I will be fishing the 2012 Midwest Open Ice Tournament

fishingislife

• View Profile
Has anyone fished the midwest ice tournament before?   I have been invited to fish it this year and was wondering if anyone else is fishing it or has in the past.   If must be a fun event because I was told it sold out in 17 mins with 300 people fishing the tournament.  I just hope MI gets safe ice so I can fish this tourny,  it has already be moved once or twice already due to unsafe ice.  This is over a $20,000 payout tourny.  I will be happy to just walk away with  $5,000    ;D

mikeL

• View Profile
Fished allot of these turnyes before I have seen four inch crappies take the big money.
You get allot of pressure and commotion on the ice. The fish just shut down.
It gets very interesting
The big one in Minnesota with  100,000 pay out, trucks and wheelers. The year I went a dink perch won the big money their where hardly fish caught.
Pro staff

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I fished it 3 years ago on Wamplers when it was a event of the N.A.I.C and it was televised.

It was a fun tournament and even if you finished 100th you had a chance to win some great prizes.

What lake is it on?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

fishingislife

• View Profile
I fished it 3 years ago on Wamplers when it was a event of the N.A.I.C and it was televised.

It was a fun tournament and even if you finished 100th you had a chance to win some great prizes.

What lake is it on?

It is going be at Devils Lake in MI.

mikeL

• View Profile
They are allot of fun and you get to meet allot of people.
Pro staff

Vexilar