Ice Fish Ohio Forum

got gas ?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I know its late in the season but drilling holes last weekend just about did my son and me in :P :P  so while wandering around our local  building supplier I found a power head for an earth auger, being the creative fool that I am  :-\ I got a deal on it and decided to take my 8" ice drill and adapt the power head  and auger now I have a hybred . testing will begin tomm  hahah    just couldn't drill anymore by hand....and the way I built it if it fails I can undo the motor and slide my hand crank back on in just a minute and its on ...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Make sure it's attached well, the last thing you want is to lift it up after breaking though and see your auger bit dropping off down the hole.....
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
You should be fine. Artisan that makes he Earth auger head is the same older style ice head from Eskimo. I have one with 8" ice blade & 6 ", 8" earth bits for drilling post holes for my business. Can you say Write Off- business equipment expense......
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

alfredo

• View Profile
i use  a 43cc earthquack motor and my 8 inch lazar auger works great starts on 1st or 2nd pull and saves a few hundred bucks compard to a store bought auger buddy made me a adaptr so i can still use it as a hand auger also.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well fellas tried out said auger today and crap that rascal tried to pull me thru the hole with it , it drilled 14 in about 8 seconds. that 43 cc thunder motor has a lot of power ...that was with a cheap mora 8" ..... ;D ;D ;D   jamming now...heheheheheh

g

• View Profile
Glad it works good for you. Thank goodness for power - gas, electric or propane.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It will change the way you fish!  Now you can drill until you find fish, instead of waiting for them to come to you!  Looking forward to seeing it Sunday at Nimi.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I did the the opposite of what you did. I have a 43cc Eskimo and bought the earth auger last year when planting a ton of trees. The mount up was the same.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep it will improve fishing , and im going to have fun also, new toy and all    heheh.  I should have done it years ago... :P  yep you guys  were right

Vexilar