Ice Fish Ohio Forum

erie

joewallguy

• View Profile
Trying to figure this pic posting out

joewallguy

• View Profile
Wow I did it. Resized a pic and posted it :-) Now if I could just spell. 

So here is my report. Sorry its late, I just figured this out. Fished 2.2 miles west northwest out of catawaba last weekend.  Set up at 9:30. I iced a 10.5 lber in 10 min and follow that up 10 min latter with one just over 11. I was freaking out. Thrilled.  The bite was steady enough to keep us there till dark.  Ended up going 11 for 20 with 4 over 10 lbs and 1 just under.  my hot lure was a 2/5 cleo in the hammered blue/green loaded with minows ripped and free fall down.  That got 8 of my 10 bites.  My dead stick minow rod did nothing so I put on the smallness rap I had that would hold bottom.  A tiny #3 firetiger rappy.  dead sticked it 2' off bottom.  I did this after having 3 or 4 big marks look and take off as well as a smaller perch mark or 2. Next good mark would not bite the aggressive spoon so I reached over and wiggle wiggle the rap and wam!  9 lber :-) Also caught another that way. My buddys pulled fish on #5 pimples in chrome n blue and orange.

We fished 21 fow,  water super clear, current not bad and would change speed and direction throughout the day. Fish seemed to bite just before,  during,  and after current change. Ice was great the entire way out. Had 10" plus everywhere we drilled.  Went out next day and almost sunk the quad 100 yards off the beech,  just east of the x mas tree trail. Cracks open there and the snow and cold hid them. Its an ever changing landscape up there so go slow and be careful.  It freaked out my buddy so bad, he was done and we went home never fished. Oh well. Be back this weekend.  I'm working on more pics if:-)If

joewallguy

• View Profile

Nwohioiceman123

• View Profile
Nice fish!! Those are some hogs. Great report too.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Impressive fishing,wiggle wiggle wham its like I was there!! Wish I could find the opportunity to fish the big lake,each time im to fish it it seems to fall through.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

joewallguy

• View Profile
Thanks. Gratefully myself. Epic day I won't soon forget.  Its all I can think about to get back at um. Wish I had my own quad. I'm lucky to get a ride myself

My Demeyes

• View Profile
Would that be F can area? I'm going out in the morning and don't know where to start. Thanks for any help, I'll be towing a black 3 man shanty on skis, can't miss it.

bassmasterfoster

• View Profile
Dandys indeed!!! Me and 3 buddies are headin up in the mornin. Did u fish a specific reef? R u willing to share gps accoordanance? I have atv and shantys ill be bringin amd deer steaks.lol. hope to catch a few nice ones. R u talkin about little cleos? I hav raps and pimples and i like vibes and cicadas a lot also. Any nice perxh in that area? Any info is greatly appreciated.

xtown icer

• View Profile
Where on Catawba are you guys going out? does the quad need to be tagged? If so where else could someone go out from.

threeten

• View Profile
can't miss the huts. had to be 150 of them w/nw.
parking lot was full by 9:00 today, get there early!!

caught what we marked,nothing under 5#,biggest was a 31 1/2"!!
pimples-raps-vibee all produced,blue and perch colors.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:55:51 PM by threeten »

xtown icer

• View Profile
where is everyone parking to go out.

joewallguy

• View Profile
We fished 3/4 mile north or Clinton reef. One click west. Machines must be tagged n they are out checking. Catawaba state park. Map quest it. Not many perch. Better by islands. Everyone I talked to today crushed um. 4 miles outta crane,  1 mile out of miller ferry, and near green. Good luck. Just picked up a buddy snowmobile. Sunday I'm going. Hope you guys get um.

knucklehead

• View Profile
The info was correct crushed them at crane creek today about 12 plus inches of ice 19-21 foot of water rain sucked but the eyes are great all range in size nothing under 21 inches and all over 4 lbs up to 8 lbs. Heading out again in the morning good luck and be safe.

joewallguy

• View Profile
Way to go knucklehead!!! We r going out of crane as well in the a.m.

hardwatereyez

• View Profile
I'll be heading out at first light.  No machine tomorrow, so I'll be hoofing it, shanty in tow. Hopefully most of the snow melts to make the haul easier.  I'll be in a frabill excursion.  Stop and say hello.  Maybe pull me back ;D. Good luck to all who make it out.

Vexilar