Ice Fish Ohio Forum

crane 2-2-14

joewallguy

• View Profile
Ran west northwest about 4.5 miles today in the swamp. Boy o boy was the gear wet n slopy after that drag behind the snowmobile.  set up in 21 fow and smoked um. Me and a buddy were done by noon. We each lost 10 each loss hooked up fish also today  If we could have hooked all that we marked we would have had 60 of um. Very very picky bite. Had to work the hell out of them. We both settled on a program of 1/2 oz do-jigger blue chrome on one rod, and #7 firetiger rappy on the other. Each did well.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
It was a mess out there but fishin was pretty good and fun. I had mine in about 45min. Started lettin the big ones go today. I keep hearing of a good bite out of catawaba have yet to investigate
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

joewallguy

• View Profile
We had mostly males. People around us were catching the big girls but not us. Had several groups of friends that fished catawaba all weekend and did not do well at all. Seems some did find fish over there.

mazak500

• View Profile
Is anybody riding out on quads? Im heading there this weekend and am debating taking snowmobile or quad. Would like to take to quad to have all the storage on it.

Thanks,

phishyone1

• When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
    • View Profile
My friends were up this weekend and said really sloppy.......... But should be refreezing now I would assume, Forecast says 6-10in of snow for wed, so I would take snowmobile this upcoming weekend
Thank you,
Pete Sekerak (Phishyone1)

Icetester

• View Profile
The bite today off Catawba was terrible. I got out a couple miles NW. I moved a bunch and only had a few marks all day and zero bites. I think I made a mistake in leaving my first hole, I had two decent marks come and sniff, I left a short time after to search. I should of probably camp there all day, I'm beat. I talked to only a few and heard the bite was slow as well. I drilled a lot today, can't believe the lack of marks. Fished 22-23' the slush has hardened up, some areas may be a bit soft for quads and sleds, but most guys had no trouble moving about. I noticed the current was almost dead still as well today. I'm somewhat new on Erie but I covered ice ;D mixed up lures, colors and sizes, threw every jigging technique I have at em and nothing. Well, I'll try again once my legs return to normal.

threeten

• View Profile
we got fish early today,then at about 10 o'clock it just died.
had a few lookers after that but no biters.  took four in the first hour and a half.  looks like travel was rough over the weekend,tightened up now but it was like running on a washboard!!

Vexilar