Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Back to the docks

g · 43 · 21015

g

• View Profile
It's back to fishing the docks since round 2 is over. Fished Rocky Fork docks for a few hours yesterday and caught 11 - 12 inch crappies, 1 10 1/2 inch perch and some small bluegills. The crappies were completely engulfing a 3/16 vibe. Not as much fun as saugeyes through the ice, but will do until round 3 comes around.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
And I was actually considering staying home hanging out with the wife tomorrow. Guess I'm going to rocky. Lol. Nice job grant.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
good luck  need pics  heheh
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Fished from 9 to 2 at the rocky fork docks this morning. Caught prob 50 crappie and a couple gills. Kept 18 for a buddy of mine. Almost all came on 3.5 mm gold tungsten with blood red tail and a red spike. Water was pretty stained but the fish were really aggressive early. Slowed down as the day went on. And here's your pic snowcone ;D

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thanks 30   thats way cool,  .   hardwaterjunkie gave me one of those a few years back   worked real well, and i think it was gold plated ..  those fish have nice markings
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Nice catch Aaron. Was going to fish Sun. but slept in for once. I was there all by myself Sat. A few cars drove through, but nobody stopped to fish.

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
I  hear you g.
Took my son to Lima for baseball practice and went Lima lake. Ice was maybe 1.5" at the dock.
Caught about 30 small crappie,and about 40 gills.
Like you said they were engulfing the baits.
All suspended over 8.5 ', caught on gold tungsten and wax worm.

g

• View Profile
Nice job Scott. Too bad they weren't slabs. Still nice to hear you got out and caught  a mess of fish. Small fish beat no fish.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Nice job Scott. Too bad they weren't slabs. Still nice to hear you got out and caught  a mess of fish. Small fish beat no fish.

+1 on that....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
You are right on that g.
It was nice to just get out and catch some, and I got a chance to try out my 4 year old  new Jaw Jacker.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I've been hitting the docks at CJ off and on and doing OK. I'm thinking about giving Rocky a try this Sunday.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
May see you down there. Wanted to take the boat to indian but turns out I gotta work sat and go pick up some new appliances sun morning so not gonna have time. I'll prob just hit rocky sun afternoon.

g

• View Profile
Fishing was terrible yesterday at rocky. Water was dirtier and didn't mark may fish. Only caught 2 shorts and only had 5 or 6 bites on a northland forage spoon tipped with wax worms. Disappointing!!!   

toadfish

• View Profile
g, the fishing was great at Rocky, it was the catching part that was terrible. That is the same problem I usually have.  At least you were able to catch something.

I might try Lima lake and see if 1Bigicehole left any crappie and gills at the dock.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

g

• View Profile
How did you like your jawjackers Scott? Hope you caught some fish with them.

Vexilar