Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Back to the docks

g · 43 · 21014

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
The Jaw jacker was fun. It worked really good.
Only problem was crawling through the railing to set it up and reel in fish.
It would be great on open ice.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I hit the cj docks yesterday afternoon. Prob caught 25. Combined weight prob wasnt a pound. Lol. Ton of small gills and one little crappie. 2 tiny bass. Was better than sitting at home but not much.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep fishin is better than sittin around,
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Planning on hitting the docks at Rocky tomorrow morning. I will get off work at 6:30 AM so I should be there around 8.

g

• View Profile
Got to Rocky around 8 this morning and questioned my sanity the way the wind was howling. Turns out I made the right decision, the fish were definitely hungry. Fished for 2 hours or so and caught over 20 crappies, one of these days I need to count how many I catch. Only a few short fish. All caught on 3/16 pink vibe. The active fish were between 8 and 15 feet, couldn't catch anything on the bottom. Jig it above them and watched them come up and hammer the vibe.Would have fished longer but the hot docks faced the wind and was tired of getting brain freeze. Fun morning in brutal conditions.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Nice job grant. I may give it a try tomorrow afternoon. Got some stuff to do in the morning but hopefully I get it done early enough to get out.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Made it down this afternoon. Fished from 2 to 545. Was questioning my sanity also as it started snowing on the way down and got worse the closer I got to the lake. Snowed the whole time.The bite was a little tougher than it sounds like it was yesterday. I caught em but they were scattered all over and there were a lot of shorts mixed in. Ended up with prob 15 keepers between 9 1/2 and 12 1/2 inches but I let them all go. Most fish came on pink/white glow tungsten with a pink tail and a spike. Got a few on a red glow rattle spoon.

g

• View Profile
Good job Aaron. I questioned my sanity too as hard as the wind was blowing Sat. Was still a fun morning. Glad you were able to get some anyway. The way the wind i blowing and supposed to blow this week, Indian is looking slim so may have to hit the dock again Sat.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
I'm thinking of heading to St clair or somewhere for the weekend. I need my ice fix

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I went this morning 8-2 2 crappie by 11:30, moved deep got 7 more and lost 2 keeper's trying to lift them out. Missed  about a dozen bites.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Nice job guppy. Looks like my out of town trip prob isn't gonna happen. I'll prob see ya Sat grant. Or I may just work.

g

• View Profile
Don't swear like that Aaron. LOL. I will probably work Fri. night since I don't think Indian will be happening, and then head to Rocky when I get off at 6:30. Glad you got out and caught some Rusty. What did you catch them on?

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I got them on a glow spoon,  only had a couple of bites on any thing else.

g

• View Profile
I will be there again Sat. morning by 8, barring any catastrophes.

quackpot

• View Profile
Grant if I can get my lazy butt up I'll come down to try and catch some.

Vexilar