Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Turkey foot 2/14/15

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Went to turkey today.  Did not see one other fisherman.  Was odd. Caught probably 25 6-8 gills a 12" crappie and missed a bunch.  All fish came on black jig and maggots.  Fish liked it real aggressive jigging and were caught 2-3 foot off bottom.  Fished depth of 5-9 foot bottom just outside weed clumps. 
Tight lines. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
thanks for the report,probably didn't see anyone because it was so windy and coldddddddddddddd. :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Fishingoat

• View Profile
The early morn was nice but when the wind shifted and the front came thru it was a little bit chilly. I went with a buddy and took the two man clam.  We both stepped out to look around and do a little hole hoppin and next thing I know the shack is flipped over.  Pretty funny to watch.  Also backed the truck into a snow bank and needed a little push.   Thank you to the two fellas who lent a hand.  I thought for sure they were gonna have to pull my ford out with their dodge and bust on me a little.  All in good fun thought. 

I headed back yesterday for a short time and landed a few.  8 nice gills and quite a few dinks. Plus a 8" and 9" crappie.  Started with a small black jig but they wanted a char and orange pinman jigged real aggressive all on maggots.  Fished a weed line in 5 fow and water is so clear I could site fish.   Was fun to watch.  Talked to the guy plowing the parking lots and he said they were going to do a polar bear plunge this weekend by the beach which was about 7000 people last year.  Just an FYI for anyone headed that a way.   Parking should be tight in that area. 
Tight lines. 

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fishinggoat: thanks for the report & tip on the Polar Plunge.  I was giving serious thought to hitting TFoot this Saturday 2/21 despite my reservations b/c of the Polar Plunge.  I'd rather deal with 7k people than 1 stupid snowmobile running past me at 50mph.

Not asking your fishing location, but Where did you park? PM if you dont want everyone to know.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

fishingful

• View Profile
The polar plunge is a zoo. I did it the last 2 years. They park them down the main road and fill the lot.

CrapPie

• View Profile
7000 people!!! Dang John you must really dislike snowmobils.Haha

Fishingoat

• View Profile
At least it's not 7000 snowmobiles.  The plunge is off the beach per the guy clearing the lot.   

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Happy to share.  PM sent

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'll be fishing by 6am Saturday Morning. 2/21
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar