Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Good for you

Fishingoat

• View Profile
I have been wearing a pedometer all year long for insurance purposes, (First year)  and noticed that on my ice fishing days, I get an average of about 2500 extra steps in.  So when your wife is laughing at you for sitting on the couch posting to IFO or looking at you tube videos on how to catch 16 inch crappie thru the ice regularly, while she does Zumba videos, you can let her know that your going fishing in the morning for your health.
"Keep your stick on the ice, I'm pulling for you. "

The quote is from Red Green.  Great show. 
Tight lines.
Born to fish.   No plan B.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
There's no better cardiovascular exercise than pulling 100 pounds of ice gear thru a foot of snow over half a mile to fish. Best workout ever!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Fishingoat

• View Profile
For sure. 
I back pack some in the off season and count ounces to lighten my load.  I ice pretty skinny but might take some time later to weigh everything and see what I can lighted.  Anyone know how long a 4.5 amp battery will last on a vex?   That has to cut 2 lbs right there.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
There ya go!!! This is my first year of marriage and my first year ice fishing so I need this kind of info. Anybody can catch fish. The real trick is getting to go whenever you want. ;D Here's my tip. Let your wife host a big fish fry every year and invite everyone she knows. That way all your free time can be spent " getting enough fish for all her friends" think I feel the need for a workout... gotta go put the sled in the truck

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Hey 30.  Congrats on marriage.  Plus welcome to the dark side.  All your free time will be consumed on how to pull fish thru a hole in the ice.  Love the fry tip.  Might starting planting that seed soon for next year. 
Tight lines.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My wife launched the YouTube app on our TV and I heard oh jeeze, what's this?  It was a laundry list of recently played crappie and bluegill videos!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Yep me too.  You tube is sweet.  Did you see the one with the kid who ties hair jigs out of a roadkill deer and then slays these slob 16 inch crappie?   Same kid does an episode about Bucking Branco walleye.  I have a few of those baits and think I'm going to try next weekend at skeeter. May work real well. Something new and possibly fresh the fish haven't ever seen.  Maybe the guys out there are already doing that but I don't think so.  Worth a try. 

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No I haven't seen those yet. Know what I'll search next!  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I agree with you guys u-tube has some amazing stuff
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar