Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Marina Docks at Alum 1 5 2011

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I hit the docks for an hour before dark at the marina docks at Alum. The ice was clear and 2 to 3 inches. Not safe to walk on but it was building fast. It groaned so much that the dock moved back and forth.

I marked a lot of Baitfish suspended in 8 foot but did not get any crappies. I was fishing in 20 to 22 foot by the gas pump. Anyways this creek is hit or miss but when you see shad coming in then the crappies are close behind. Tommorrow might be a good day.

I also noticed that someone popped a few whole in the Galena ramp cove. I did not check it but it should be thicker than the marina. This is by the rip rap and not the boat ramp.

Test your own ice for safety.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Bob

• View Profile
i seen where someone had put holes out there also. may hit alum tomorrow after i get my running a round done

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Someone was coming in as I left yesterday.  I didn't venture out on the ice but did check it out.  I am going to try and hit it somewhere after work today, in about an hour, at Alum.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
A buddy and I went last evening.  We started to the back of the cove behind the marina.  Ice was about 3-5" depending.  I'm not confident in my electronics quite yet but I marked some bait in the mid water column.  We moved off the marina docks and only had one strike the entire night.

I'm heading over to take a look at Indian after work and will pick up some bait for tomorrow as well.

Vexilar