Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Akron Area Ice

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
From what I can see for the 10 day forecast,we should most likely have 4"of ice by Monday 1-18-2016,fingers crossed.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Went looking for three yesterday
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahha
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
This is how I came up with the target date of 1-18,starting with monday 1-11,and ending with sunday 1-17,I added the daytime highs with the nightime lows,then divided by 2 for the avg. temp.Then added those temps. together,and divided by 7,and came up with 21 deg.Then applied that temp.to the ice growth chart.How will snowfall affect this theory,I dont know,but guessing it should be close to accurate,time will tell.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

g

• View Profile
Hopefully your prediction is accurate. I am still optimistic.

holehopper

• View Profile
Me to G,just hope the snow does not jimmy it up.

holehopper

• View Profile
Just saw the new 10 day forecast,now calling for a warm up thur.fri.sat. and some rain thrown in for good measure. >:(

Vexilar