Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Vexilar Tri-beam Transducer

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
Whats everyones opinions of these? would it be benificial to update from a 12degree on my FL18? are they worth it($100 @ Cabelas). I'm mainly fishing less that 20 fow i figure it would help me out. its a little over a foot bigger radius @10ft than a 12 degree. the 9degree is 1.6 ft radius at 10ft i'm hoping that when i am fishing where there is alot of fish that the 9degree will let the vex read clearer than the wider transducers       ???maybe??? i know they just came out for this season but i have some giftcards from last year to use, i just wanted some opinions on them before i buy one.
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Something that cost that much and is that new to the market I would wait till I seen it in action on water that I fished. It takes me back to when I purchased a $400 camera and only got to see fish 2 times in 2 years on it because the water I fished was always too murkey. I'm sure there will be one on the hard water somewhere and I have yet to meet a fisherman who doesn't like to show another his/her new gadget. If you do purchase one let us know what you think, keep us posted.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm not probably going to upgrade this winter... I'm thinking about seeing what the price does in the spring and summer. Buying direct from Vexilar seems to be a good option that time of year!
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

quivr

Buy it I am going to I have 2 FL- 20s the price is not going to come down ice fishing prices just go up. This transducer is going to be great . I have the 12 degree I would love to go bigger cone in shallower water think of 8 ft or 6ft even 22ft for walleye , the 3 way switch is all good 40 ft for perch titen up the cone with a flip of a switch man I need this .

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I should be getting a demo unit by mid January. I am trying to get it by our get together on Jan 8th at Indian for everyone to try out.

They are back ordered so it might not be in. I know it has 1/4 seperation and is supposed to be the bomb in shallow water with weeds. Can't wait to get out on the ice with it.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
well i ordered it last week.. with my giftcards and their $20 off a $100 purchase i paid $33 for it so i couldn't really pass it up. but it was backordered and they didn't specify a time frame for the backorder like they normally do. now i am hearing from another site that there are problems with them and that is why they are backordered  :-\  i guess we'll see, i think it would work awesome hope they can get it to me soon!!
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
just got off the phone with Cabela's they said it will be spring time before i get it :( guess i'll have to play with it off the boat and docks!
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

Vexilar