Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Urgent!!! Your help may be needed! Lorain County.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, I have a time sensitive request which has been sent to us from a MetroPark representative in NE Ohio.

The message reads as follows:

[email protected]

Hi David,

I know this is super last minute, but we will be holding a Winter Days festival this Saturday at one of our parks here in Lorain County, and our ice fishing demo person cancelled.  Do you know of anyone who could come out, even just for a few hours? We have a pond that has six inches of ice, and they could set up on that.  Thanks for any assistance, and please feel free to call me if you have more questions - (440)949-5200 or (419)271-2771.  Jannah Wilson

Any members in NE Ohio who are interested (and feel up to the challenge), should contact Jannah as soon as possible.

These community events are very important to the growth and success of our sport.

Thank you in advance!

Ryan
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Do you know what all is involved?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Call Jannah if you have more in-depth questions.

I would imagine you'll be covering the very basic points.

Ice safety checklist: Gear, Precautions, etc.

Fishing Gear: Rods, Lures, Bait, etc. (you might demo)

Should be fairly cut and dry... Low-key event I would imagine. Just cover beginning ice fishing items. PM me if you'd like a run-down of things we've covered in the past. It really is only as big a deal as you make it. Just go in and follow your procedures that you follow for ice safety, and discuss selection of tackle and things of that nature.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated I'm sure! Be ready to field a few questions, and leave things open on certain topics where safety isn't being compromised. This will allow more interaction, which is what you'll want.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I was getting ready to call then i got called and put on call for the snow we are supposedly going to get for tomorrow. hopfully somebody can do this for them.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

porter123

• View Profile
I realize that promoting the sport is important, but the Lorain County metroparks does not allow ice fishing.  I'd be happy to do the demonstration if I wouldn't get a ticket for fishing the same hole tomorrow.
It's too bad, they own plenty of land and some great ponds.

Vexilar