Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ICE MAN MEETING

ice phisher

• View Profile
One of the greatest things of having your main ice "fishing partners"...not only being just that.....but also owning a local bait and tackle store. I have the pleasure of fishing with Mark....of Marks Live Bait and Tackle and also having him for a close personal friend.....which leads to the title of this thread.On my way home yesterday from fishing a local lake, I stopped by his shop( only about a mile from my house.....to check-in on him and what new in his world....And much to my amazement standing in his store ......Was Joe Pikulski (half of) of Team Troller, who with his fishing partner Myron Gilbert....fish the NAIFC and were viewed on the Versus TV Series....THE ICE MEN....which I'm sure some of you had the chance to watch. After getting introduced to him, by Mark, I was fortunate enough to get to spend the next hour and a half....talking/exchanging/and other wise having a very fantastik session with one of the "TOP" Ice Men in the world....He has a very impressive back ground in fishing....not only in ice fishing but as a Charter Boat Capt., Both on Lake Michigan and Lake Erie .....One of the biggest things that I have professed over my 50+ years on the ice...and 60+ years on "soft water" is to always "KEEP ON LEARNING"....no matter who I talk to on any level of fishing (in general) I keep an open mind and try to retain "info" as much as I"m presented with at that time.....I try to listen (closely) and refrain from trying to over talk them (as so many do) and take this as a welcome opportunity to LEARN GREAT TIPS FROM SOME GREAT FISHERMEN......Listening to Joe talk about His ICE MEN CIRCUIT tales of greatness and of total discouragement....were nothing short of phenomenal....( as per the tournament) that he and Myron were disquallified because of excepting McD's sandwhiches from one of the onlookers....Total bummer!!!!!! I got to listen to some great tips. and really came away from spending all that time with just a truly great person .....thinking what a real personal method he has of talking to others.....ALL OF THIS FROM A GUY THAT HAS FISHED WITH SOME OF THE BEST FISHERMEN IN THE WORLD. I'd also like to end this up by telling alot of you out there that ice fish and some of you that FISHED THE MOGADORE OUTING THAT THERE IS ALSO A "OGF'ER" THAT I MET AT THAT GET TOGETHER THAT ALSO FISHES ON THAT HIGH A LEVEL "NAIFC"...AND UPON MEETING AND TALKING TO HIM.....I FIND HIM TO ALSO BE ONE OF THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE AND PLEASANT GUY'S THAT I HAVE EVER MET ON THE ICE ANY WHERE IN MY LIFE.THAT BEING "FISH2WIN" (Shaun)... I'LL TELL YOU TO YOUR FACE....WHAT I JUST SAID ABOUT YOU IS TOTALLY TRUEand I personally wish you much success and I'm glad that you get the support that it takes and is needed to fish those tournament situations.......So to Joe and Shaun....God Bless...Fish hard/fish safe/travel safe.....and thanks for becoming a friend.....I'll be 70 next year....and this will have to go down as becoming one of the most interesting ice seasons yet and it's only half way gone...great fishin to all of you and be safe... jON sR.

R
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Great story I'm glad you shared it with us and very glad you got to meet such great people. This is a great site and I hope it is for many years to come.   :) :) :)
turkey09

JustNutts

Awsome story! Ive had the pleasure of talking to Myron a few times, and you can never ever be to old to learn something new. Surrounding yourself with greatness will bring you greatness as well.

Vexilar