Ice Fish Ohio Forum

And me without a camera...

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
School was cancelled today, so my 21 kids got to stay home and I got to go fishing!

Fished my in-laws place for about 3 hours with my brother-in-law, and we killed them. This is a little surprising because this pond gets a good amount of pressure and produce small takes of good quality fish.

5" of good black ice with a thin layer of ice-locked slush on top. We got between 40-50 Gills( most in the 7"-8" range, with a few bulls mixed in. My brother-in-law also go a 16" Largemouth.

The high point of the day was taking my daughter out for a few minutes before dinner. I hooked it, and she pulled in a bass over 20"!!! The struggle was clear on her little face, but she stuck with it, mittens and all!

I always have a camera with me, but I left it on the sled up by the barn. My phone started to die and it wouldn't let me access the camera application. So we released her giant and 30 seconds later, she was done.

When a child says they're done, that's it.... So we went inside and shared our fish story with everyone over dinner! She's good luck!

FIsh came on Grandpa Bob Firetiger Spoon Jig, fiska Tungsten Jigs(assorted colors), Northland Bro Bugs and Northland Moxie Minnow tipped with a spike on a single hook.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake